Feedback on my horror game cut scene hallway

Hi developers,

I have recently made a hallway for my future to be cut scene intro to my horror game. This is not finished and as I am normally a coder, I would like people to say what they should be added as I am not a builder and also constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

here’s the hallway:

Thanks all and have a great day!

8 Likes

Hey Infernous_forsaken, I am pretty experienced with horror games. You have a really good start. You will need to decrease the lighting and add decorations to bring the game out. Nothing much else, I’m ready to see what you can do with this build.

3 Likes

So it needs to be darker? Because I can do that LOL thanks. Ill send a screenshot when I’ve done it. Thanks :smiley:

1 Like

Here, I’m sure you’re sure with ‘darker’ not just pitch black unless you’re going to add a flashlight.
Examples:

Thanks for your reply.

2 Likes

Hey @0_Dams I’ve added a little fog to the setting and decreased the lights brightness. Also I didn’t mention but the lights flicker too.

Here’s the improved version:

1 Like

Nice! You could add a black fog to create a darkness effect like the minecraft blindness effect and to make it more horror you can make a sparkling light, if the light in the hallway is not sparkling yet. Anyways nice work!

1 Like

You should differ the usage of material on walls → ceiling. Atleast from your first screenshot, the use of concrete material for the floor, walls and ceiling didn’t compliment eachother that much.
I can’t state this enough, but adding a few minor details to the ceiling can change the visual aspect of building entirely.

1 Like

Hey @NinjaFurfante07 What do you mean by the sparkling light? Thanks for the feedback :smiley:

I mean an effect like a broken light.

1 Like

The hallway looks very good!
Maybe 2 code pads can be maybe a bit smaller.

1 Like

Do you mean to add mode of a veriatey of materials? Thaks for the reply! :smiley:

The Left one is the smaller and redone keypad tell me what you think of?

Capture

1 Like

It looks better now.
By the way, is this like facility?

1 Like

I’ve never played facility so I’m not sure. But the game is like murder mystery with demons and piggy type escape system and challenges. I’m guessing by the name Facility is an SCP game but I’m not sure lol.

Oh, so its kind of piggy game, it sounds interesting.
So you’re being chased by more demons or by one who managed to escape from “prison”?
Is the place (facility, or a underground place or something else) abandoned?

1 Like

So I have planned for more maps in the future the demons are not a big part of it though. It is said the murderer is picked by the escaped demon from the underworld and the demon will “Possess” the killer who is randomly picked so the demons are really just lore but I may add hints to them in the game though. Like hidden “Easter Eggs” to spice things up. but as this is really early in development I am not sure yet and its not on my Trello board so I don’t know.

Edit: I’m not too sure about the multiple as then it could be easier for the whole team to get killed before they can find out who the demons is. but I might add it a game mode in the future I’ll just have to wait and see.

1 Like

I love the idea,
And you’re true, whole team can get easily killed with more enemies.
Maybe add like 2 gamemodes? Like story mode and “normal” mode(like piggy/murder mystery). So maybe you have to beat “normal” mode, then you can play story mod and learn about the demons and other stuff.

1 Like

I am loving what you’ve already built! One thing you could maybe look into is adding some more textures? Adding realistic textured walls, and adding stains/dirt will make the build even better! Try it out!

2 Likes

Wow I love that idea I’m going to add that to my Trello list right now Thanks!! :smiley:

Yes I will add that in time thanks for the suggestion @cowboehh Have a great day! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like