Feedback on my Horror Game Idea

Hi. So a few days ago I had this great idea for a horror game while reading this post:

My ideas is the player (you) gets trapped in a haunted house and must find their way out before midnight (midnight in the game, not irl). They find their way out by looking for keys and solving riddles until they finally get the key to unlock the front door and escape. I was also thinking that after they escape they could try different “levels”, each one in a different map with a different objective. The map would also be almost real-world, so the player could do things such as knock over a chair or table to find a key. What do you guys think of my idea?

Sorry if this is the wrong catagory, this is my first feedback post :slightly_smiling_face:

How good do you think this idea is? (1 = Bad, 10 = great). Please explain your answer in the comments so I know what I should make better.

0 voters

1 Like

While there is a slim chance it may work, I wouldn’t recommend it since there are numerous games that are exactly like you described within this post, some feedback would be to try something new unique, keep the same concept but maybe with a twist…

Good luck with your game!

2 Likes

Honestly, a free-roam/horror mix sounds amazing, but I feel like this is literally backrooms + alone in a dark house. I don’t want to get much into alone in the darkhouse but pretty much, nearly everything can be interacted with, doors, cups, books, shelves, carpets, closets, and it’s pretty amazing, but the way you’re stuck and that there are different maps with different objectives goes onto the backrooms side, spooky maze which you’re stuck in, with different levels, first 2 the same but second is spookier than the first, and the 3rd, and 4th are different. It sounds fun to play, I reccomend you add some plot twists along the way, jumpscares and some chases to spice things up abit.

Honestly I say you get this game to be a story game too, not just a spooky horror mansion as that’s fairly basic, although the mechanics of the game sound interesting, the actual gameplay would be quite bland. Like “Eh, big ghost with big knife, no big deal.” I’d rather say to get the players intrigued into the game and be part of a story, like interaction with the ghosts, cutscenes, dramatic death scenes “No Jack, I won’t let go!” Lets go anyway :rofl: and get the players just highly interested, and then all of a sudden in the middle of the story you just go " boom big chase you better run" honestly, if it had a story to it, expect me playing it 24/7.

1 Like

Thank you @Cyanitem and @anonymous6778 for the feedback, I will definitely add a plot twist, story, and some jump scares. If anyone else has any ideas, I am still accepting feedback on this idea.

2 Likes