Feedback on my "realistic" car suspension

Howdy! I’ve been trying to work on realistic suspension tunes with A-Chassis since early 2021 and I want your opinion on it. It’s been rough trying to set up the suspension considering that there are no sources on how to apply car suspension values like kg/mm to the spring constraints. But if there are, then please do send a link to the source.
Strut

Credits to @Third448 for the car model

26 Likes

I actually have a game with the car on it, so check it out if you want to see more of the car suspension’s behavior yourself.
https://www.roblox.com/games/7653971471/Project-Ataliad
Note:
If you think the car doesn’t work, you have to turn on the ignition by pressing CTRL (Cmd if Mac) then switch gears by pressing Q and E.

1 Like

It’s crazy how nobody commented on this , I never seen this on a roblox game, you need to turn this into an actual racing game with progression

2 Likes

Don’t make this a free model(if you ever think of doing it), it’s actually pretty cool and you can profit a lot off of it

1 Like

I’ve been thinking of making an open-world driving game lately like Jalopy and Motor Town with a diverse map like Forza’s. But I’m not sure how I’m gonna be able to make such a map considering that bigger maps can cause performance issues.

It depends on how many parts and unions you use, unions are really laggy so mainly use parts and meshes

1 Like

I worked on a game named randomizer and I made a map for them , then a few months later I decided to remake it , I made so many unions that my remake got declined because the map was so laggy lol

1 Like

That’s what I thought as well, I’ve been thinking of using meshes on everything to reduce part count, but tri count can also be a performance issue too.

Since it’s a racing game you’re gonna of course have some performance issues on some devices , there’s really nothing you can do to optimize it

1 Like

fair enough, there’s no escape from that.

remember , it’s the roblox engine , what do you expect lolol

1 Like

Using meshes will affect performance less than unions and part count. Unions are highly unoptimized.

1 Like

I’m glad to know that meshes won’t affect performance more than union and part count because I find it hard to build in Roblox smh.

This looks incredible? Do you mind helping me make something like this? @Gam3r_Play3r

1 Like

It’s all about tuning a constraint chassis.

1 Like

I have no idea how you all do this or how you have the time to but this is fantastic. It’s honestly very surreal how satisfying it is.

1 Like

and putting the gravity in the realistic preset.

Looks great!

Keep up the great work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, that suspension looks amazing. Personally, I love springs and suspension. I’d -1 for the choice of “A-chassis”, but you definitely made it work! Didn’t know it was that configurable.

1 Like

You’ve been blinded by the number of games that use a-chassis that don’t put much work into the chassis suspension, performance, bug fixing, etc. lol, so I understand the -1 for that choice.