Feedback on my ski resort?

People will be able to go inside it. It will be interior too. I think its just you.

2 Likes

I’d have to agree with the first point. I’ll try and make them more larger and rotate them. I disagree with your second point, however, because the snow is textured, its not the default roblox texturing. I will try and make the runs more interesting, I’ve already started on my second run which is more advanced, and goes in different directions. Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

EDIT: I was also on level 1 graphics due to my PC lagging on full graphics, which oddly doesn’t happen in games. On full graphics it looks surreal, and the snow texture looks almost real.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s just him, the trees do look a bit out of place to me. I wouldn’t worry about changing them right now though, I think that part of what makes them look out of place is the simplicity of the trail (as mentioned above, how it lacks variation in the slope). I think once the terrain itself becomes more interesting and varied, the more realistic trees will fit right in.

Looks great so far! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Already added extra detail on the slopes, made them more ‘slopey’! Thanks for the feedback everyone :slight_smile:

Anyone know where i can find some good textures (for like ski trails?)

Here is a resources that you can. Find some good textures on!

3 Likes

Can you please add photos of the new slopes? I’d love to see them!

THIS IS NOT THE SOLUTION, SIMPLY A EXTENTION OF THE PHOTOS SO YOU DONT HAVE TO SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN!

Apologies for the late reply:

(You might not be able to see the last two clearly but I will assure you in Studio it looks breathtaking.)

UPDATE, as of 24th of September 2019

Have moved from mesh terrain to in-Game terrain due to the new hightmap feature.

4 Likes

The ski-resort looks pretty good, but I have a few suggestions regarding the landscaping and background.

• First suggestion would be to add some rocks around the trees.

• Second Suggestion would be to add some snow particles or wind sound effects because a ski-slope is usually windy and snow coming down from the wind into people view.

• My last suggestion would make the game look a little more detailed, and that’s by mixing up the trees. You can rotate them around, making some taller, and some bigger. Maybe even using different trees.

Overall, I hope my suggestions help you on your Ski-Resort! Good luck with the builds! :smiley:

3 Likes

Some have said the trees already, but I think that’s probably one of the most important details that could be changed. Just having some variation of the types of trees would drastically improve the build.

4 Likes

Your (ski-resort) looks very decent, and well detailed like everything you added to the map. Here is a couple of things to add to your map to improve it. More better as by looking at it it doesn’t have that much details to your map!!

Terrain
Your snow terrain looks quite good, however snow mountains have some of the rocks showing at the top of the mountain parts and different areas. You could add that to your terrain to look more better as looking at yours the whole map, is filled with just snow!! As you can see below for a example of what i mean…

Reference

Trees
Your map doesn’t have. That much trees as seen on the (3rd Picture) there is only a couple of trees you have added by the building part, i would recommend you add some more trees on the mountain part. And add a bit of snow on the branches/leave part. So it could look like it snowed around that area! Also you could add some piles of snow by the tree part, that well look more better.

Building
I think the building looks really detailed like everything you added to it. However there seems to be no stand for the "Ski Poles and the “Ski board”. To go you could implement that inside your map! or is it inside the building overall, the building looks really good…!

Reference

Other then that, keep up the good work man hope to. See more of your very soon.

4 Likes

Good suggestions, I agree with them, also the reference you added towards the end would make a good detail for the map. Good suggestions! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks, I have 6 different types already, so ill use all 6!

1 Like

Thanks all, will add on to this as I’m planning to start a sort of ski race thing where people can enter into as teams.

1 Like

That sounds great! 6 different types should really improve the build.

1 Like

Love It man! Great job although I would love to see some more pictures of the ski resort

1 Like

Thanks, can’t develop though as Studio has suddenly got very laggy… Already complained about it in studio bugs, however no staff seemed to have touched on it yet.

1 Like

Looks amazing!
Where can I play it?

Sorry for the late reply but I’m developing it so it wont be out for a couple of months.

I’m now working on making the trees covered with snow by trying to make a texture for them