Feedback on my Updated Low-Poly House

Hey guys!
based on my last post, here, the main problem was the roof. So I’ve totally re-done it.
There’s two versions, tell me which one seems better- the main difference being the slight raise in the deck roof. Also, if there’s any mistakes or things that just generally don’t look good, give it to me! I’ll take all the feedback I can get! :smiley:
Just refer to the houses as left/right, please.

6 Likes

9/10 needs less smooth shading

I’m thinking about doing that. The style was supposed to be smooth-shaded, because I thought the shadow-effect was kind of cool, but I’m thinking of possibly changing it now.

It looks good. I like how you went with a cartoony look with the curved house 10/10

This is an amazing build! 8/10
It seems to bulge on the sides and other areas

Though I believe that is intended

Sure is! I might lower the bulge, but I’ll have to re-do the entire build somewhat if I do that, so I’m not sure.

I mean at the end of the day, if you’re satisfied with the appearance of your house then by all means keep it that way!

However, if you do decide to change this then I’d personally keep the walls flat-shaded, as well as some of the sharper edges.

I do not want you to go through that hassle. So since it was obviously intended I would give it a 10/10

So I see that you haven’t done the auto smooth on your build. I’m assuming you did this on blender since I have seen comments about shade smooth. So I am here to help you with this

Here I have taken a simple block and applied shade smooth on it. As you can see the effects on it. Now watch my mouse and see what I do next to make it look better.

I don’t know if you knew this but if you do I’m sorry lol

Thanks! I didn’t know- I’m trying to achieve a plastic kind of-look style, though. That’s why I left it as is. Still, extremely helpful information! :grin:

I like the right side because it’s like there’s a small space. I also like the low poly esthetic on both of them and It’s very decent looking house.

Thank you! I like the right side as well, but I wanted to see what others thought because I want the model to look good.