Feedback on new game, Difficulty Chart Obby!

I know this is a bit nit picky but this game is really really really really really really really really really really really really bad. Coming from someone who made a difficulty chart obby myself this game is everything wrong with the genre. Sorry I’m sounding harsh, just it has so many easy stages then devolves into killbrick spam. Learn how to make decent gameplay by playing games that are known for stellar gameplay. There isn’t anything really unique and there’s no music, it looks so low effort. the UI looks jerry built in 4 minutes and the lobby looks like it took half the time. make it more complicated. the graphics don’t look the best either if that matters. the wedges and wraps have no material at all and it looks so sloppy and ugly. there’s so much uneeded z fighting. it’s just a game i would not return to. for example,

the images are stretched sorry that’s just discourse funny hahahahaha

if you wana see some gameplay i made here’s an example i think it’s pretty good for these kinds of games

final note holy CRAP this looks like a massive cash grab

2 Likes

sorry for 2 replies instead of an edit but the site would NOT want to upload the video for its life sub - Album on Imgur
@Mr_Unlucky might like this

Um… it was an obby, it had a chart, but where’s the difficulty? I got through the second(?) to last section before I got bored and the obstacles were still as easy as ever.

To compete with other “difficulty chart” obbies, and obbies in general, you might want to make the obstacles more challenging. Right now there really isn’t anything to do and it’s rivaling in quality to those spammed “escape the giant (x)” ones you see botted to the front page occasionally

difficulty chart obbies are meant to start off as easy, try to play a bit more. however this game uses really cheap tricks for difficulty

That’s what I was saying. I got pretty close to the end of the obby yet it was still just as easy as the very beginning to me

I know I am going to mention stuff that others have said.

I REALLY like difficulty chart obbies, I am making one myself, I go out of my way to make sure that each jump is the same distance away from another, or that no bricks or overlapping each other. I also made most of the assets myself, like a donation system, and the special types of bricks. I see in many games people just grab that free donation model(I don’t really mind it)

This game seems ‘rushed’, I can see that you put work into this game, but I feel like it wasn’t enough.

The kill bricks don’t work at all, like others said, checkpoints stop functioning after a while.
I could of made that ui in 2 minutes.

I really liked the game, but its kind of frustrating to see these small mistakes; for example:
This brick is a tiny bit less that 1 stud

This brick is a tiny bit more that 1 stud

Same with this one.

This ball is inside of another part.

Happens again.

It is not a round a number of studs and for some reason it is thin when the previous platforms were not.

It would be cool if instead of the teams being called “Section…” that they were called the actual name of the section.

Again.

I feel like this game can be improved significantly.

1 Like

You’re actually pretty good for a mobile player.
This is definitely a good example of a stage for obby games. Variety in jumps, platforms, etc. can really make an obby feel a lot more fun. Especially when the flow of the jumps feel smooth in every transition, as if they all mesh together like a puzzle. Some examples of this could be from Aiomab’s gameplay or Tower of True Skill in Jupiter’s Towers of Hell

I hope you don’t really feel like we’re being too harsh, its just that there’s just a lot of potential in your obby, and we just want to point out some flaws so that you can improve it. Hopefully you don’t take these criticisms the wrong way, because that is not our intentions.

1 Like

I think its outdated for Roblox’s right now obbys

That is true, thanks for the feedback, the game development group has disbanded at this point, as our scripter has left, and we cant fix those. We don’t have robux to pay someone to fix it either. I’d like to get it back together.

Thanks for the feedback, we have discontinued the game, due to not having a scripter, or ui designer. If you would like to help us, fix everything you thing should be fixed we would love your help!

Yeah true, there were some bugs with the texturing we don’t know how to fix, and we need someone that is very very good at making lobbys, and making the rest of the obby a good obby in general. We discontinued the game due to not having a scripter, or ui designer.

Yeah I get it, we discontinued the game, so there isn’t any motivation to find someone because there are a LOT of things to fix, although if we did get a big team that would be awesome to bring back! We need a scripter, if you would be interesting in joining the team!

It is our first game, we really didn’t know how to make it, its basically just a private game, but open, we lost motivation on it. My goal is to make a difficulty chart obby that has a consistent player base, we just aren’t very good builders when it comes to working with that type of building, also just wanted to say i LOVE your game, it was actually the motivation to start making our game, which has been discontinued due to not having full time builders, scripters, ui designers, I myself am the only person on the team as of right now. I would love to bring my obby back, and fix bugs, and actually make it a difficulty chart obby, it was just a fun project for us ig, I really wanted to take it off, but noone wanted to work on the game and it just fell apart, im going to try and bring it back!

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t really like working with others or with a team that I am not close friends with. However, hopefully you use this as a learning experience and use your criticisms to better your development skills. Considering how you are a little low on Robux, you could probably try learning how to script as well. I am pretty decent at both and that allows me to make whatever I want by myself.

I don’t like the game. It’s just a generic obby and is not appealing to the audience. The game play is too boring, doesn’t offer any new game play mechanics or uniquely made stages and it’s full of bugs and is made in a poorly cons You need to have a good reason why you

BUGS:

• Resetting obby - kills player, doesn’t reset stage.
  • Skip stages work after resetting despite you have used all your skips.
  • You often get teleported to a wrong stage.
  • Gui’s are badly scripted.

OTHER:

• Gui’s are badly scaled and positioned, and doesn’t look appealing.
  • There are some badly positioned bricks and obstacles.
  • I can see the ‘Maze’ from a not too far distance
  • Your teams are positioned in a confusing way.
  • Obby is generic and isn’t appealing to the audience

It might not be appealing to you, but it is for sure appealing to others, you can have an opinion and it not be stated as a fact. Keep this in mind. Thanks for the feedback from the bugs.

It looks like your normal difficulty obby you see all over the place.
Also, add unique things to your game, and it will be better

REQUEST
Make it Mobile and Tablet compatible.

Oh I’m so sorry!! I thought my only poet running was the one on my new game which is significantly better!!! I have closed this game as it is a trash one and I do not want to keep running it.

Completely agree that’s why I closed it