Feedback On Roblox Portfolio Creation Website

im testing out markdown support rn.

3 Likes

markdown support so far

3 Likes

This is looking very promising. Crazy how a developer can make something better than Roblox’s own TalentHub.
Will there be filters to search for specific creators with stuff like experience and price range?
What about moderation, how are you going to ensure that the reviews are legitimate?

Will there be filters to search for specific creators with stuff like experience and price range?

yes, you will be able to search for developers using different filters

What about moderation, how are you going to ensure that the reviews are legitimate?

in order to give someone a review you need to have “Trusted Status”. Trusted Status will be automatically given to you once you have verified your email with the site and your roblox account is above a week old. If you abuse the review system then you may be blacklisted from posting reviews.

Reviews will also have a “helpful” and a “unhelpful” button where other users can state if they felt that review was useful. A “report review” link will also be present on each review.

2 Likes

from RoStats to making BloxyFund to this, this looks very helpfull

1 Like

This is spectacular. Your progress is truly amazing so far. I will be completely thrilled once you release this in a beta version or something. Great work.

2 Likes

BloxFund was never developed past the conceptual stages. In the future i may bring it back its just this idea seemed more promising.

1 Like

This… is so good. I can’t believe it. Congratulations on helping the community so much!

2 Likes

I can say nothing here except that I’m looking forward to this website opening. Continue your good job! It would be really nice service.

1 Like

This is absolutely amazing! I think it truly presents yourself off and your work in a much more professional fashion! Maybe add things such as a tiktok embed or a twitter embed as well so developers can show a direct link to their social media?

The only other thing is stylization which can of course come as a last finishing touch for user experience. I.e. one person who does feminine hair might want a brighter color palette for their portfolio than a forced darkmode. Then there’s also the font and aaaah! There’s so much potential that you can do with this. It’s already much better than the talenthub for several user experience reasons alone.

1 Like

Cool website, where did you got it from or did you made it?

i made the website by myself. ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​

1 Like

I agree, which is why ive already started creating themes that can be applied to your portfolio. here is a feminine theme that i made as an example.

1 Like

I think allowing us to choose our central theme, and attachment theme colors would be good. I wouldn’t mind seeing a system to upload an image for our top banner and be able to choose a few settings such as how the image will be applied such as repeat, stretch, crop, and such, and maybe even settings you can control for repeats such as size, rotation, and margin.
(think Reddit portfolios, but more customizable)

Besides that, this is looking great! It is looking like a website by now for sure haha. Have you already bought BloxFolio.com or what is your plan?

portfolios will be on the bloxx.live url, the main website will be on bloxfol.io url.

1 Like

Oh, so portfolios and searching will be two different websites? Why not just one?

Also, perhaps you could try to not directly reference Roblox as the portfolio site could also be used as just a portfolio site to show for work and such, you would have a tag for portfolios on whether it is Roblox just so you don’t find a non-Roblox contractor.

1 Like

Because users will have the option to customise their url. On the main bloxfolio website there will be different page such as bloxfol.io/terms, bloxfol.io/support, etc. users portfolio will follow the format of bloxx.live/<anything_can_go_here>.

essentially the 2 domains differentiate between official bloxfolio pages and user generated pages/portfolios.

1 Like

Okay,very cool website you made :grinning:

1 Like

I changed the widget icons to be filled in - they now are easier to identify on smaller screens or for people who have some sort of visual impairment.

1 Like

Looks great. Could you provide a little diagram of all of the widgets with labels as to what they are? (even if they aren’t done)

It would help to see what is possible on the website if we know all of the widgets, some of the icons aren’t super clear.