Feedback on simulator map?

Hey there! My team and I have been working on a recent simulator. We are asking for some feedback on our map so far! Please be honest, feel free to give us suggestions to add/remove anything!

Thanks! :slight_smile: (Map not completely finished)

17 Likes

Hi! Based on the pictures provided, I’m guessing it’s a fighting type? If it is, I really like your approach with Japanese-styled decorations, though I find your variety of trees to be weird. Maybe add more? And, I notice your lights, on the green platform. They seem a bit repetitive, and as for your bamboo, as you can add more vegetation. other than that, it’s a cool map!

7 Likes

I love the low-poly in this map. One thing though; there are a lot of lanterns. I’m not sure if it’s just me, but maybe you could distance them a little more.

2 Likes

Hey! Can we get a game link to explore further? Based on the picture, the eggs could use some more detail.

1 Like

I might be able to get you a link. This map has scripts already in it and other things that we do not want to reveal to the public quite yet. I’ll reach back at you if I separate the map from the actual game! And yeah, those eggs are temporary we are redoing them today.

It all looks good but the Rock island on the last screenshot looks plain. I would make it larger and maybe make the orange tress less orange

1 Like

The map is really bright, it hurts the people that have sensitive eyes (like me)
What’s the simulator about? Only then I can give you more in-depth feedback!

1 Like

I enjoy low-poly simplicity! Great detail work on the maps, I would love to see the finished project!

1 Like

Feedback

Honestly, I have been witnessing games with designs much to similar to :crossed_swords:NEW ISLAND!:zap:Ninja Legends. If we have games that are all the same, players are obviously going to pick the most predominant one. Don’t get me wrong, the game itself looks amazing. However, I highly suggest to come up with new ideas.

Similarities

1. King Of The Hill. :crossed_swords:NEW ISLAND!:zap:Ninja Legends. Yours.

2. Spawn. :crossed_swords:NEW ISLAND!:zap:Ninja Legends. Yours.

3. Map Barrier. :crossed_swords:NEW ISLAND!:zap:Ninja Legends. Yours.

4. Levels/Parkour. :crossed_swords:NEW ISLAND!:zap:Ninja Legends. Yours.

5. I am sure you can come up for more similarities by yourself.

My point is, mix it up a bit. I’ll rather not have 10 games being at the top of Roblox’s Popular Section being the same with very minor differences.

2 Likes

Yeah I was going to change some things, although the map barrier, king of the hill, spawn, and levels/parkour wasn’t from Ninja Legends. I remember seeing things like that way back when simulators first started (bubble gum simulator, ect) We’ve been brainstorming ideas to make it different, unfortunately some things you listed will probably stay as we don’t want to redo them. I do have some cool ideas for it though which should make it much different from the rest! Thanks for the feedback!

The simulator is going to be called around the lines of “Samurai Simulator” with the main idea is getting stronger, and pets are a big part of the simulator. I’m planning some pretty cool stuff for the simulator to make it different from the rest though

Okay, this sounds like a simple question, but I still don’t know the answer. how do I make those types of floors with the square pattern?

1 Like

We used a decal for it, you can just use like a chess board decal or something. Then we put it in a texture. Make sure if you use a chess board decal that the white squares are transparent, and the black squares are not. I would also adjust the transparency of the decal in the texture’s properties.

1 Like

This quite reminds me of Ninja Legends style. You could fix the lava trees, because it looks kinda weird. But over all, its perfect for a simulator game!

1 Like

This map looks exactly like Ninja legends and saber simulator, change up the map. By that I mean change everything, the crown hill is from saber simulator and in ninja legends its the chi hill, eggs are in the same spot as both games.

1 Like

I really like it!,love the low-poly builds

1 Like

Its really good but the only thing that has to be worked on is the lighting

1 Like

Amazing builds. Mostly all of them have great attention to detail, apart from the rock one.
I would suggest adding more features and details to it.

Hope this helped!
Happy Developing!

1 Like

Hello,

Based on the pictures provided, your map looks like Ninja Legends and Robot Simulator, a game released not long ago. First off, islands kind of look exactly the same, spawn area, and hills. Maybe change it up a bit so it doesn’t look too much like other simulator. Adding more details would be cool also, other then that, looks great! :+1:

1 Like

The map is very well made done! It is very detailed and would be good for a simulator!

2 Likes