Feedback on this Low poly build

I started this yesterday and im just looking for some feedback and what i could add. my vision is to create a low poly city.

11 Likes

I love it! Though, what I’d change is those bushes. They have waay too much squares and don’t really fit the build.

5 Likes

Please provide more detail into what you made, what you were going for, why you made the choices you used, in addition to more pictures of different angles. Because right now all we can say is that it sure does look like three houses in a flat shaded style :stuck_out_tongue:

Check out this thread if you need guidance:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/how-to-make-a-quality-looking-for-feedback-thread/297315

12 Likes

Thanks for the feedback ill change the bushes.

I think they look really good! Keep up the great work.

2 Likes

Thansk for the feedback! i have added what i want feedback on and more pictures as well as my future vision

Make the area of the roof a darker color and probably make it stick out more, it sort of looks like a hut? Make the roof more distinguishable.

Very unique build for houses, nice job.

1 Like

I like the bushes a lot like that - if you do too, don’t change them because others don’t!

The roofs however I’m not a fan of. I like the idea, but maybe give them a flat top, or something more conventional?

1 Like

so on the middle and rightmost house make the top flat?

I really like the concept, but I have a few suggestions for you:

• The roofs. I like the kind of abstract style you were going for, but I think the houses would look better if their roofs weren’t so pointy. I would suggest creating flat roofs with only one slight level of adjustment (like stopping here for example) or no adjustment at all.
    (image
    Instead of the pointy tip try creating chimneys that would fit the low poly style and make these structures look a bit more like houses.

• The color. If you are trying to create a low-poly city, try varying the colors of the houses more. Rather than having three that are all different shades of brown, don’t be afraid to go all-out with a green, red, blue, maybe a yellow, orange, etc. This color vibrance will draw eyes to your creations and make them pop-out, a much better alternative to the browns you have now.

• Windows. Right now the windows and doors look identical. You have them framed in the same color and filled in the same color. As most windows are realistically transparent, I would recommend adding this effect to yours even if you have no interior. This can be done by changing the color of the pane to a light blue to imitate sky reflectance, or by simply upping the reflectance of the panes themselves if you want them to shine. Sometimes people even use negate and union to create slivers of solar rays in the window out of light blue parts unioned in the middle of darker ones.

• Fences. I don’t really think each house needs to be divided by two separate fences, so you may want to just keep one. This will even give each backyard a bit of extra space.

The rest of it looks really good though. I love what you did with the bushes and the pathways leading to each doorway. Definitely a great start to low-poly!

4 Likes

I really like the style of the roof it is very unique. I would have added some more detail to each of the houses bushes such as flowers or something so it doesnt look almost identical on all of the houses.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I will definitely vary in color and the roofs I could improve on.

I like this build a lot and how the roofs are unique.

Suggestions

• Maybe change the roof to a different colour from the main house. I think this could help make it look a lot more appealing and break the colour up.

• I like the look of the way you did the roof but like @1Boone said I think the roofs shouldn’t be as pointy but still keep the shape/ idea you were going for.

• The front yards look a little empty. There are many things you could add to fill up the space like trees, bushes, rocks, driveway, Chair, tree house ,lights , garden decorations, ect.

• I think this space could be very good for a pool or driveway:
    32%20am

• I agree with what @AnnomaIies said about the bushes being too blocky. Maybe model some new ones in blender.

It’s a great start and I think it has lots of potential. Good luck on your future builds! :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I could agree with everybody’s feedback. The roofs shouldn’t be so pointy in my opinion. The building on the very right of the picture has a WAY to tall/pointy roof. I’d make it more classic like a urban roof effect. Hope this advice helps!

1 Like

Looks good but the door does not have a handle and the window is out side of the build.

1 Like

Looks great, the doors need a handle, and the bushes need work. But overall great job!

1 Like

Loving the style of the houses!

Perhaps my advice would be to fill in a bit more of that “empty space” like in the yard.

Perhaps a pool?

Maybe better yet would be cool and unusual plants, like a twisting flower with twisted petals, as to add to the cartoony style!

Overall, great job! Thank you for showing us!

1 Like

Looks great so far. I’d change the colors of the houses to something pastel though.

1 Like

Looks really nice, and fits with the theme. However, I would add a tree(s) or a pool in the empty areas and make the bushes less “blocky”. Also, like Aotrou said in an above post, we can’t see the houses from all angles, we’re viewing them face-on. This is fine, but we can’t see what the rest of the house looks like. Another thing that could be worked on is the roof.

The roof might look better if it wasn’t the same colour as the main house itself, and with a different shape? All in all, they’re very good houses, and far better than what I could build. Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks good! Maybe extrude the roof and change the colour of it to give of that house effect. Maybe add neon to the windows to also give off a nice effect.

1 Like