How to Make a Quality "Looking for Feedback" Thread

Follow this guide if you’re looking for feedback on any creations you make. Higher quality threads recieve higher quality feedback. :slight_smile:

NOTE that when looking for feedback on anything, you should post in #help-and-feedback:cool-creations, not anywhere else.

Things to Include:

• Include plenty of material (images, angles, wireframes, texture sheets, etc). This provides us more to give feedback on. A single picture with “how does this look” doesn’t give us much to give feedback on.
  • Provide pictures of where you took inspiration from. Art direction is especially hard to give feedback on since it can be very opinionated. If you show where you sourced from, it shows us more of why you made the style choices you used.
  • Make notes of areas you want and don’t want feedback on. Most creations are all in stages of completion, let us know of which areas are still be worked on and we won’t have to say “this part looks unfinished.”
  • Spend time creating before asking for feedback. Often I see threads asking for feedback on an asset or map they spent an hour on (or worse, how much they could sell it for) when it’s way too early in the process for us to give any meaningful feedback.

Looking for feedback is great (it’s one of the main reasons for this forum as a whole), but help us help you by giving us more information. :smiley:

The example below is by no means all necessary to make a quality feedback thread - these are simply examples for things to include in your thread :slight_smile:

Example Thread: Mech Build

Looking for Feedback on my Mech Rig

I made this mech because I loved Mech Assult as a kid. I really like the utilitarian style of mechs over the more humanoid looking ones. All feedback is welcome! :smiley:

Goals:

• To learn and apply inverse kinematics and armatures to a rig.
  • Practice metal scuffing/worn looks
  • Keep rig as low poly as possible

References and Inspiration:

Mech Model

Solid

Note that the back isn’t finished! :slight_smile:

Wireframe

UV and Texture

Animations
Note this is using a test texture :slight_smile:
MeshTexturePractice01
MechWalk

Thanks for checking this out! All feedback is welcome :smiley:

32 Likes

You made this post after my thread about that low-poly tree.

I see how it is.

All jokes aside, I appreciate your time to make this informative post. I hope other’s may use this as well.

This was much needed, thank you! I think any new poster should read this, it really annoys me when I can’t give people quality feedback because they didn’t give a quality post.

1 Like

Give yourself credit - you went back and fixed your thread to make it better! :grin: We all learn and I’m glad you applied new knowledge so willingly. That’s the real spirit of this forum and you’re on a great start!

And besides, I made this because there were more situations than just your thread :wink:

2 Likes