Feedback on this Mobitsy Sonic model?

Weeks ago, I conceived the concept of a stylized and cute Sonic style called “Mobitsies” (portmanteau of “Mobian”, used to refer to the “Sonic” animal race in the Archie comics, and “bitsy”, I wanted a word for “small”), based off these TinkerCAD models I made a few years ago, and set them for use in a Roblox game. With Paint 3D (to model), Blender (to modify and make it Roblox-friendly), and Roblox’s Bulk Import feature to import, I made my first ever complete Mobitsy model, of the protagonist Sonic the Hedgehog!

One thing: How do I texture the Roblox mesh properly, so I can color Sonic’s shoe buckles yellow? I tried UV mapping in Blender and coloring in the UV map with GIMP, but my texture won’t map properly in Roblox. I would really want someone to help me with this problem.

I rigged the model so I could animate it. Here’s a quick animation I made of Sonic waving. (I’m not the best at animation.)

Mobitsy Sonic Wave (test)
(yeah, it looks weird because I recorded it with Screen-to-GIF, which somehow reduced the color intake)

Thoughts on this Mobitsy Sonic model? I hope it made you “d’aww”!

Another thing: I originally planned to use the Mobitsy Sonic characters for a “find the object” game (example: Find the Noobs 2), but I decided to settle for another game genre in which you can play as a Mobitsy. I’m considering a roleplay game, but the competition with other Sonic RPGs may be too great. What about your suggestions?

9 Likes

Wow, it is a new and intresting style that I have never seen, before as you can see the shoes of Sonic intersect. My suggestions to fixing this is 3D Model the shoes in the software that give you a little more control and easier use like Blender, but keep up the great work. :grinning:

3 Likes

I like the Sonic character you made! The detail put on it and aspect brought into it, realistic! With your question on texturing, I’m not a expert at texturing certain objects that are bulk import, but anyways…

I think a roleplay game sounds good for what the character is. Nice work!

2 Likes