Feedback on what I should change?

I’m attempting to make this place look as similar as possible to the District of Columbia, I’ve seen other builds and I was wondering what I could add to make it look more realistic, anything I should adjust to make it look better?
Roblox

What it’s based off of

13 Likes

The colours look a bit off, for example the grass looks a little to dark. But generally looks nice.

6 Likes

If you want more rigorous help, would you mind providing closer screenshots of the Capitol building where detail can be assessed?

1 Like

Sure! Here it is:

3 Likes

You could probably adjust the lighting a bit and, as someone else also said, the colors could use some work as well.

Otherwise, it looks pretty nice!

3 Likes

It looks pretty good and I don’t think there is much to improve on but here’s some of my ideas:

• Make the grass lighter maybe a colour like 177, 229, 166(mint) or just do some experimenting to see what would do well.

• Add railing in the middle of the stairs as seen in this picture:
    52%20am 44%20am

• Possibly add something to this field as it looks a bit large and empty the moment.
    42%20am

• Maybe change the skybox or lighting up(just do some testing to see what fits well).

but that’s really it. I especially liked how you not only made a great exterior you made a detailed interior too:

Keep up the amazing work.

2 Likes

Looks good but I’d work on lighting. The skybox is fairly bog standard and should be replaced with something more realistic. Add sun rays, and make the ambient brighter so that it reflects a good sunny day. Add a very light fog in the distance the same colour as the skybox. I can see that making the lighting more convincing if you do that.

In terms of the build itself, it’s good but there are a few clipping errors. See the hedges here. Could also do with a lot more detail in some areas as well as colour; the capitol building is white, and this looks fairly grey.

2 Likes

I managed to improve some stuff you guys said, does this look better?

6 Likes

In my opinion it definitely looks better.The lighting and skybox has improved. I do like the grass and I know I suggested it to be that colour but maybe make it a bit darker(not as dark as last time) but do some experimenting with it as I feel like it doesn’t really fit in with the trees or the rest of the build. idk maybe it’s just me.

1 Like

Agreed. The trees don’t look as though they fit into the rest of the build. I’d use another style as the leaves look extremely dark and discoloured.

1 Like

Hey Texan!

Love the work, incredibly detailed and very well constructed. You can visually see the attention to detail when you juxtapose your own build to the Google map aerial view. That’s very rare for ROBLOX.

Criticisms:

• Be aware of ROBLOX’s limitations and consider how many people you’d like in your servers, I’m assuming this is some type of nation state roleplay. Don’t make it incredibly build where you lose plyability and turn it completely into a showcase (if my assumption was right), otherwise you’re fine.

• The trees pop out like a sore thumb, they’re the only massive outlier that I can denote from all the pictures, they’re incredibly incompatible with your design.

• I’d also lighten up the grass color to some type of shamrock color to make the entirety of the place less dull, the color scheme feels incredibly sullen and can become tiring to look at if you’re trying to roleplay.

• Add more lighting elements if possible.

Great work! Goodluck!

6 Likes

This is amazing!! I have connections In the DC area, I can help you out if you would like. I’ve toured inside of the Secret Service Headquarters, and also inside the JFK concert hall. I can build for you, to decrease the time it takes to build, along with increase the quality of work, to provide users, a realistic and full on virtual district tour, for people wanting to visit the district.

5 Likes

Even though it’s not in the reference picture, think you should a lake, small one in the front.

1 Like

@ScytheSlayin
No thanks, I’m aiming for it to be picture accurate so I wouldn’t want to mess up anything that’s already good.

@Anty2003epic_ALT
Thanks for the offer but I prefer to work solo, I’m really insecure when it comes to building with others so I barely use team create.

also @BloodSpring,
It’s mainly a showcase, I wouldn’t sell this place to another Roblox-based United States group. I mean, I might make it into a first person shooter if I’m able to reduce lag on it while having most of the parts detailed so I’m still having a debate about it.

On the other hand, is there any good realistic tree models you would suggest that would match the theme? I couldn’t find any that looks like the type of trees as shown on the original image from real life that didn’t stick out as much. If you guys have some in mind, I would appreciate it if you guys previewed it here. @Somnar, @Inserted_Cring3

1 Like

I don’t really know of any good tree models. I suggest experimenting with different colours(leaves ect.) with the trees you already have first then if it still looks off then change the tree model and make the tree blocky but still realistic. Good luck though.

3 Likes

If you look at the photo you were using as a reference, the color for the main walls are similar to a creamy color. The overall colors you’re using seem off and also don’t change. I’d add a little more detail to the walls. Other than that, I can tell this took time to make and I’m impressed with your skill.

1 Like

If you wanted to make your grass even more realistic, you could add the grass from this plant pack. It can be easily manipulated and resized, and it often adds a good touch to my projects, so it may just help you as well.

As far as the actual plants go in that model, they’re pretty useless.

As well as the plant pack, this is a tree model I use in essentially all of my builds. I find that it is realistic, and suits the purpose of almost anything. It may not be exactly what you’re after, but I thought I’d share it with you anyways.

It’s actually a free model, but I played with the transparency (which you could do as well) and removed the mesh to make it realistic.

Hope this helps! :v:

2 Likes