Feedback on work in progress UI

Hi, I’ve been designing and programming UI for just over a month now and I have found something I am really motivated to make and looks good so far. This is heavily inspired by Pizzaiolo’s UI. I don’t have any screenshots sorry.

Game: ui demo - Roblox

Responses are appreciated.

Here is a poll if you don’t have time to reply.

• Great
  • Good, but… (comment)
  • Not good

0 voters

14 Likes

The UI design is great! The flaws? The UI is really buggy. When I open the report button, the text labels are positioned really weird at the bottom left corner. Then when I exit out, the gui objects sizes changes. It offsets beyond the frame.

Also the text for the menu button could be scaled down to fix the size. TextScaled should fix that.

7 Likes

My UI is work in progress and none of it is meant to be smooth. Once it’s finished it will be super smooth with minimal bugs.

The UI is nice and sleek and modern, I feel like maybe decrease the text sizing on the open button, but I definitely am a fan of the way the GUI immerses you with the smooth zoom out transition and blur effect.

I think maybe if you replicate the gap you have on the green button it will make the red and blue ones look better.

Same here: image
Just make it so that the white text isn’t merging in with the border of the Frame.

Also, when I closed the report abuse page, the GUI changed I don’t know if this is intended or whether it is a bug:

Anyway the concept is great, I love the nice modern and smooth transitions.

2 Likes

In addition to my comment on the Menu button you can see that the Menu text is aligned to the left, maybe align it into the center, as well as making it a tad bit smaller, but I love the gradient effect with the text colour.

1 Like

Sizing isn’t perfect as of now, I’ll have it fixed in the finished version.

It looks good, but:

The positioning of the Textlabels are all off and the system is really buggy. I feel like if i press a single button the whole system will break.

Other than that i love the blur and the animations.

1 Like

The UI looks very sleek and animated;

However you may want to add a debounce / cooldown between the clicking of the menu button. I found that one is not active (or incorporated), and that constant spamming causes tweening issues and cause the text labels to appear and not disappear afterwards.

Other than that and the position of the textlabels near the bottom left corner, everything is very impressive :slight_smile:

Best Wishes,
Brave

3 Likes

I would say that the UI design is great. There are some things that were wrong though. For instance, the report button was the only button that worked and after it opened the menu, it was hard to tell how to get back. When I did get back, the UI was scaled incorrectly. Now that one was a bug, so if you fix these issues I think its a great design!

2 Likes

@IocaIe
@BraveZ2
@zblox164
Thanks for the replies, however this UI is a work in progress and the onlt feature available is Report and some sizing bugs are present, they will all be fixed in the next update.

2 Likes

I’ll also change the text for menu when pressed etc later on. Also just found a bug where if you pressed menu when report was open it would glitch out.

I feel like the transitions are a tad bit slow. It leaves the user feeling like they are “waiting” for the animations to finish

1 Like

Everything is subject to change, I’ll take on your feedback and see if I can speed them up while keeping them smooth.

Aight, so it’s nice but the text bunches together upon close and certain things stay visible, that’s more of a scripting error though.

Look awesome to be honest but look like I found some bug xd

1 Like

I found the same exact bug!!! The design is good otherwise.

1 Like

WOW! That is super super impressive, I might need to hit you up sometime :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I hope you do! [OPEN] Programming and Designing UI Commisions

1 Like

The bug is when you press menu when report is open.

Yeah, there is a pretty simple fix, I’ll leave that to you lexi. Just make sure all the “object paths” are correct if that’s what you call them.

1 Like