Feedback on WW1 Trench

Hello, I’ve had a WW1 trench build laying around for a month or two, and I want to try remaking it. I want to get some feedback on the original so I can see what I should improve on once I remake it.

I currently am aware of several flaws, such as how unrealistically neat the trenches are and how uniform the sandbags are. I built this with an asset system in mind, so I could link up smaller trench pieces into a larger trench system.

Trench Screenshots

Trench assets

Proof of concept trench system

Close-up of a trench asset

Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

looks good other than some minor things I see as a history nerd

2 Likes

The build, overall, looks a little too blocky. And the sandbags need a bit more variety. (If you modeled them, in Blender, try moving around some faces/vertices/edges/whatever.) They also look too “cleanly” placed.

Obviously, I’m not a history guy, but this is a really nice looking build, just needs some final touches, like what I said above. Nice job.

5 Likes

This must be german ww1 trench isnt it? Allied trench are messy and they kinda have no floor, so i would like to say that is very NOICE and i would like to say can u add barbed wires and make the sandbags lil bit bigger? Its ok if u dont wanna do that

2 Likes