[FEEDBACK] Post-apo city remake

In February, I’ve made my first post-apo showcase which I posted on dev forum.
[FEEDBACK] First "post-apocalyptic" theme build

Now, after a few months, I decided to remake it a little bit.

List of changes:

• Bigger sidewalks, road, more props, etc.
  • The street is now longer, there are more buildings now.
  • New lightning, made it more dramatic.
  • Replaced some models

OLD SCREENSHOTS:

NEW:

Let me know what do you think. Is it better now?
LINK: Quarantine - Roblox

20 Likes

Hey! I’m @Lil_SharkyBoy a 3D Artist and a Graphic Designer on the platform. I have to say that your build is really good, sometimes I don’t see guys applying more effort into little scenes (or even a whole city!!). This is really appreciable and I think that your city in a them “post-apocalyptic” is really good.

Also, I love the texturing but what I don’t love are the crops and etc if you know what I mean. Since I always say that you could use Blender instead of Studio so you can give better detail into the crops / decorations or any other thing you want to make on any 3D Software.

Althought, another thing could be the light! This one is actually playing a strong role into your scene and to be honest is great!! Good job at all and for the scene, a really good job mate. :+1:

Another thing (lol), you always can go to google and google some references (obviously)! This is actually for improvement if you don’t have a good imagination or you’re not 100% satisfied with the final product.

This is all I can say and I wish you luck tho! Amazing job and awell, amazing abilities you have to offer to this platform hope I see you more around here on Building Support category!!

Have a nice day and again, amazing job! :smiley:

• @Lil_SharkyBoy
2 Likes

i think thats amazing! not sure what you could improve on since its so good!!! keep it up. :smiley:

1 Like

It’s amazing what lighting and meshes can do. Really good job but the windows could use some work.

1 Like

Looks great, love the lighting and the level of detail, however, I’d recommend changing out the half-life car mesh with a different one, when I see it all I think of is half life, which kinda ruins the vibe a bit, otherwise, excellent work!

1 Like

Thanks for your opinions.
@Lil_SharkyBoy @LearnMathBro @Luxorz @MajorMichael2014

1 Like

Compared to mine, this looks like what I imagined mine to look like.

As most people go, they imagine something and it doesn’t turn out what they wanted. But for you, man I wish I was you!

This is amazing! Although for being a post apo city, I would probably turn some of the street lights off.

1 Like

Lighting looks great. One thing that caught my eye however was that one the second picture, I thought the boarded up windows was a bit repetitive. Maybe add some variations into the boards with varied angles and small holes between them?

1 Like

If it’s after some terrible event, why are the street lamps on?

1 Like

To be honest i don’t really know. I’ll change it after i’m done with few things :joy:

1 Like

Oh my God… I’m crying… This is too beautiful… The textures are so perfect…

1 Like

DANG! This is fantastic. The lighting is just spot on! The way you incorporated the textures and lighting and the palette is just stunning. I do think it is a little odd that the street lamps are on in the day though.

1 Like

It’s very interesting and I could say you did a great job in making a Post-Apocalyptic city. I would suggest though maybe add some dirt and cracks, or holes to the glass, to make it fit for the appearance. Honestly, everything looks greatly and well-done though the building glasses lacks design and as an ‘Post-Apocalyptic City’ we could expect the appearances of houses or buildings have broken glasses or proper damages.

1 Like

This truly is the next evolution of Roblox building. Great work indeed!

1 Like

The lighting and texturing is very nice. The blur is also very nice. It makes it look like a photograph. Very nice job what you did on here. Maybe try making some windows shine or maybe something like that. Or maybe make some bars on the window so it gives the Post-Apo feeling like all being boarded up. Maybe add a tank or some weapon armory too make it look like there ready for battle. Also, Maybe a campfire!

1 Like

Personally, I love it. I’m not sure if you’re trying to make the player feel as if you’re limping, but the camera sways slightly more to the right giving you that feeling anyway. If you are, I might suggest showing the character body with a visual injury on one of the legs?

1 Like

Really amazing! The game have a lot of details and that make it so much better, It’s realistic and I like it. Good work. :+1:

1 Like