"Filter properties" input is focused every time play solo is started/stopped

Every time I start and stop play solo, the “Filter properties” input in the properties window is focused without me doing anything that would cause it to be focused. I thought this was just me, but after asking around in Discord it seems like it’s happening to other people too.

CleanShot 2023-05-16 at 21.54.32

I have experienced this bug on macOS Ventura and Windows 11.

Sadly very frustrating, but it’s so subtle that I didn’t realize what was happening until now

CleanShot 2023-05-16 at 21.54.59

Do you also experience this bug? Please share your experiences!

Expected behavior

The “Filter properties” input should not be focused when play solo is started/stopped

7 Likes

not a bug probably a sort of feature? as it happened to me all the time!

1 Like

It’s a bug. Why would a textbox focus without the user asking for it? Nothing is even selected in the explorer, so it doesn’t make sense.

3 Likes

oh well okay because that has been happening to me for months now…

1 Like

I remember hearing about this before, but have so far been unable to reproduce it and this has never happened to me on the listed platforms. :frowning:

1 Like

well you do gotta fix it because it occurs every single time with me.

Something similar does occur for me, but with the explorer window instead

I’ve noticed that every time I toggle the Explorer/Properties through the View tab, it focuses the inputs for those windows. Could this be caused by a plugin? It also happens when the play solo session is ended.

EDIT: I disabled all of my plugins and restarted Studio and the issue is persisting. Perhaps a Studio setting could be causing it?

I just started having this issue again after a recent update. Not quite sure what the cause is or why it started to occur again, but it’s very frustrating as it breaks my custom camera lock until I refocus and reset it manually.

Hi all, this should be fixed now in any new Studio instances! Just relaunch studio and let me know! Thank you for your report here! This was a long standing issue and it took a lot of effort to get a consistent repo! We couldn’t have done this without the community.

In the effort of respecting the community more, shoutout to @unroot, @Zomebody, and @Dogekidd2012, and many others who kept on answering questions until I figured out what was wrong.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.