Window Focus gets shifted away from Viewport on Play (causes unintended inputs)

Been noticing a recurring issue lately where whenever I hit play to start my experience, the focus goes away from the Viewport and onto another widget (such as Properties or Explorer).

Because of this, my movement inputs (such as WASD) end up being typed directly into the search bar instead. This isn’t a huge issue by itself, but overtime it ends up wasting a lot of time having to refocus to the Viewport frequently and randomly, which is very annoying to deal with. There have been many times I’ve thought my characters inputs were broken/not working because of it.

I’m not too sure if this logic is intentional or not, but ideally it would be nice if focus always gets shifted to the Viewport when hitting play.

Link to previous posts mentioning this issue:

10 Likes

This is an extremely annoying thing and I’m so glad someone finally reported it.

Video where I press F5 to enter play test

1 Like

We’re tracking this bug here!

1 Like

Very good to know it’s already known, but I want to point out that report doesn’t specifically or clearly mention the case pointed out in this report, where play testing will also focus on the properties/explorer search input, so please ensure what’s mentioned in this report is taken into account as well!

this still needs to be fixed. surely it would take no more than 2 minutes for roblox to fix this. now at least 11 people have wasted more than 2 minutes searching for this bug report

Hi all, this should be fixed now in any new Studio instances. Please see this duplicate thread for details:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.