FilteringEnabled Property is Being Deprecated

yup… this is a revolutionary change… can’t wait

According to your join date, you joined Roblox post-Experimental Mode. So I’ll give a short history lesson.
Before some time in 2018, there was an option in Roblox games called Experimental Mode. This mode has a lot of technical and security implications, but put simply it made games much less secure and much more vulnerable to damage by exploiters.
Before you joined Roblox, it was decided that the security issues posed by Experimental Mode were unacceptable and it was disabled permanently for all games. However, the option for Experimental Mode was left behind, even though it no longer functioned.
Now, fast forward several years, they’re finally cleaning up that unused option. It won’t affect any of your work.

1 Like

From my memories at one point, they made experimental mode 13+ only. Whats funny is that i was 10 at the time i made my account, and i set my birthdate to like 1994. :laughing:

1 Like

It’s surprising it even took this long to be removed

In the future, is there ever a possibility for 18+ verified IDed users (because of the fact Roblox is going to be IDing people for voice chat) to play Filtering Disabled legacy games (which will make them work again?)

2 Likes

We do not have any plans to ever re-enable Experimental Mode for games.

3 Likes

About time you guys finally remove the FilteringEnabled property, but I’m a bit curious. How come you guys decided to force FE in 2018 instead of when you guys first allowed users to create games so that it wouldn’t have broken games when the functionality of FilteringEnabled was removed? Was it because you guys just didn’t have the client-server system created at the time, or was it because of just ease of development, or was it just because you guys didn’t think exploits server damaging (like the serversides we see today) wouldn’t get developed?

it was so insanely easy to exploit when filtering enabled wasn’t a thing, sometimes even destroying a lot of games just because of the old exploits.

I know that, I just asked why they didn’t force it sooner

1 Like

They maybe didn’t think about all the exploits then.

Thanks so much for letting us know how to check for FilteringEnabled in any of our scripts, I would’ve never had to time to check them all. And FE property never did anything, so why was it even added??

The setting has now been flipped, so the property will always return true & ignore sets. Please let us know if you run into any unexpected behavior.

3 Likes

It didn’t do anything after FE was forced enabled. Previously, it enabled FE in your game depending on the value state.

I got a issue on FilteringEnabled, there was a bug when I creating the reactor core game but after the startup, the core status script won’t work. Can you fix that bug? It’s kinda annoying. But if the Filtering Enabled is off, the status script works.

I don’t want FE on this game lol.

You can “NEVER” disable FE since it is always forced. Roblox decided to force enable FE since it prevents almost everything from replicating from the client to the server to stop the exploiters.

Also use a local script or fire a remote event to the server and then pick it up there and kick the user from there.

I know but it’s pretty annoying with my scripts. The FE broke in-game scripts.

Read my first post! Like I said before you can not disable FE since it is always forced.

Why you can’t disable FE?

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.