"Final Page" Button Breaks Group Search

Summary

I recently discovered a web bug that causes the Group Search “Previous Page” and “Next Page” buttons to stop functioning as intended. This is a reproducible bug caused by clicking the “Final Page” button on the Group Search page under a search term with over 1000 results.

Reproduction

This bug can be reproduced by doing the following:

1.) Enter the word “Bros” in the Roblox search bar
2.) Select “Search in Groups” from the dropdown menu
3.) On the Group Search page, click the “Final Page” button ( >| )

Result

Once these steps are followed, the “Previous Page” and “Next Page” buttons are rendered dysfunctional. Clicking either button will increase or decrease the page number at the bottom of the screen as expected but the corresponding page will not load. This bug has occurred every time I’ve tested it using a search term with over 1000 results.

This bug does not occur under search terms with less than 1000 results. This can be demonstrated by searching “Coffee”, a search term with 926 results at the time of writing.

Platforms Tested

I can confirm that this bug occurs on the following platforms. Other platforms are likely affected too.

Web Browsers: Safari, Google Chrome

8 Likes

Can confirm this issue is also happening on Windows 10, using Firefox.

1 Like

Can confirm this issue on Windows 10, using Google Chrome.

Video to confirm:

1 Like

To add a little more information to this bug report. I have found out this bug happens on tablets and mobile too and it is 100% reproducible on both of those platforms as well. For context, I tested this on an ipad and an iphone.

1 Like

Haven’t got a solution yet, i’ve tried for like 2 and a half hours trying to get this to fix itself but theres no use at the moment…

I’ll keep you guys informed if i find a solution!