Fire the Tool 'Equipped' connection on creation if tool equipped

My suggestion is this: If a tool is selected before the script initialises the ‘Equipped’ connection, then when it is initialised then it is instantly Fired - this will get rid of that annoying backspace to use glitch which plagues many tools - I can’t really see how it could be an issue or break any other usages.

No events currently operate in this manner. It is usually good practice in places where events can fire before being handled to check for any possible triggers of an event. For example, whenever I make events for PlayerEntered, I always call the callback function from that event on any players in the workspace just in case the event fired before my function was bound to it.

While I can see why you want the event to behave that way, I’m not exactly sure how it could be ‘correctly’ implemented engine side.

I do very much agree - However this has become an issue where the only solution to fix past scripts is to implement it like this.

Anyway - I’m just posting for consideration by admins about how they might handle connections in the future :stuck_out_tongue:

If you’re equipping the tool as the script is initializing, shouldn’t you just signal the tool to do its equip anyway?

Yeah - However my point is that this is an issue in past gear (well, tools to be exact - notably older ones)