Fix cart ride cart shakyness?

I am currently working on a small project to assist me in getting further into roblox studio game development. However, i am having a problem with my cart ride cart.

I will tell you the problems so its straight foward, followed by a video:

– Jankyness with the suspension?
– The cart shakes

Video:

As you can see, when i accelerate the cart becomes shaky, causing some janky movement which isnt satifying to me and the audience at all :frowning:

Here are also some images of the properties for the carts contraints:

SpringConstraint:

PrismaticConstraint:

3 Likes

The Platform Usage Support isn’t the right forum for this, you may want to change it to Building Support.

Are you using the Mesh or Union wheels to ride on the rails? Many times the actual shape of a MeshPart or a Union isn’t really round and will cause issues. Roblox Cylinder or Ball Parts are actually round physically.
There are a lot of posts about keeping a cart on the rails, or carts derailing, or cart rides, or carts bouncing so try using the Search button up top.

Another thing would be to increase the forces on the springs in your suspension. They seem kind of light. Post a shot of the Spring Properties.

1 Like

will do, the spring properties are above?

i originally had it on 3000 for the force, however i didnt like how it came out, heres the full image of the spring properties if youre interested!

also the wheels are just two cylinders, no unions or meshed used

Ah, k.
Here’s another bit of advice.
In your File > Studio settings > Physics click the Are Contact Points Shown box.
For any testing dealing with Parts that touch you can see red spheres where the contact points are. This allows you to see where Parts are touching (or not touching). It helps with troubleshooting.

For your Springs experiment with the Damping property. It tells the Spring how fast to react to movements.

1 Like

hmm, okay i have tried your method and it only seems to be touching the track, got any ideas to why it shakes?

Did you change the spring properties?

Do you have anything holding the cart down on the rails like sliders or transparent wheels below and between the tracks?

Search ‘keep cart on track’ or ‘train bounces’ or other terms that describe these issues.
I’ve put a free model train setup that is completely physics based on a few of these posts.
Also you can search ‘Stravant cart’ to see how he’s done it.

i have found an interesting discovery, so you know that the wheel has an extra layer to keep the cart inside the track, at first i thought this was the reason of the shaking as it collides with the track. However when i turn cancollide off so i can test it. It still shakes, i have tried so many properties and changed and nothings change, i just want to know a good way to setup the suspension and properties, i want it to pretty much identicle to Cart Ride around Nothing

man ive tried everything i possibly can, its really kind of getting on my nerves as im so close to the product i want but so far… i dont know wahts causing the shakyness, i have changed the properties of the spring, prismatic constraint, even made a new cart with the same kind of thing, and some how it STILL shakes…

I don’t think most cart rides even use suspension.
Have you tried searching like I suggested? There are lots of previous posts about cart rides and the issues they have.
You can try the model I posted here Creating a cart that can go uphill and is more stable - #7 by Scottifly to see the ways I did it in a sample track & train place.

i have a new topic i posted, you might get a better idea from there.

try making the damping higher, and something may be colliding but I don’t think anything is