Flat meshpart renders differently depending on rotation direction

As you can see in the video below, the brightness of the mesh part changes depending on the direction.

I created a planar mesh in Blender and exported it as an .obj file. I don’t know why it’s like this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Does your mesh in Blender have any Textures on it that affect the shading?
Also why use a MeshPart planar surface anyway? The extra 10 tris of a standard Part aren’t going to cause you lag issues. As you can see if you put a planar surface on another Roblox surface it’ll start to clip through. A normal Part that’s .003 or .005 studs thick won’t be noticeable for height, but it shouldn’t clip through like the Mesh is.

Enable the “DoubleSided” property for the meshpart and it should work.

1 Like

Plane mesh doesnt have any textures. TextureId is nil

I made floor of the map with a flat mesh instead of a part. Because I wanted to reduce unnecessary faces. Should I just use the floor as a part instead of a flat mesh part?

I tried turning on DoubleSided, but it had no effect.

Then in blender add a solidify modifier and apply it and then import it back.

Thanks!!
As you said, I added the Solidify modifier that thickness very thin (0.001) and applied it, and the problem was solved.
(Sorry for strange English because I used translator)
I think there was an engine error in the rendering when exporting to Roblox because adding a plane mesh in Blender only creates one face.

Thanks to everyone else who has contributed to this topic!

So you basically created a box instead of a plane.
Like I said, just use a Part resized to .001 studs. So much easier.

1 Like

I made a bug report on this before, apparently, it was solved however the admin said their solution was not ideal;

Roblox doesn’t support planes, it automatically resizes sized 0 objects to 0.001 when you import them into studio from Blender.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.