Flow for canceling or upgrading Premium is no good, very bad

If I go to Roblox.com and press the big Premium button in the sidebar, it takes me to the Official Dedicated Premium Page Where You Purchase Premium. This page is all about Roblox Premium.

On this page, I see this, because I am already subscribed to Premium.

If I were to want to upgrade to Premium 1000 to take advantage of e.g. public UGC, there are no clues on this page for how to accomplish that apart from a very tiny footnote at the end of the page footer buried in some legal text that nobody reads. There is otherwise nowhere else on this page that explains where I should go to manage my subscription, or how to change tiers.

After missing this hidden footnote and clicking every button I could see on both roblox.com and create.roblox.com trying to figure this out, I ended up having to go to the labyrinthine help documentation to find instructions for how to do this.

As it turns out, it is completely impossible to upgrade your subscription. I have to cancel my subscription and wait to the end of the month to be able to upgrade, and when I’m finally allowed to resubscribe, I have to speedrun it and pray that my on-sale assets aren’t taken off-sale before I can manage to do that. For users with thousands of on-sale assets, this is a smoking gun. This is not acceptable whatsoever.

I am shocked at how difficult it is to just give Roblox more money.

In summary:

• Show how to manage your subscription on the Premium page (footnote in some legal text doesn’t count).
  • Allow me to upgrade my subscription. Push the remaining Premium 450 days into a bank and upgrade me to 1000 immediately. When my 1000 runs out, use the remaining days from the lower tier subscription.
23 Likes

definitely support this. when i got the message telling me i’d need to upgrade my premium subscription to keep UGC on-sale I immediately went to do it and experienced the same friction as you. no choice but to wait out the entirety of the subscription (which im pretty sure I had just paid for) and hope that i remember the day it expires so i can upgrade.
it’s incredibly shocking that the UX is as bad as it is, you’d think they’d just convert the remaining days into credit, or at the very least just let you upgrade even if it discards the remaining days. if they’re going to force people to change their subscription they should’ve really made it less of a hassle :sob:

5 Likes

I would like to say it’s the same kind of topic I’ve made 1 month ago : Let people totally cancel their premium subscription or add an "Upgrade" option

4 Likes

Support!
I recently had to figure out how to go from charging my credit card to pay for premium to paying from my gift card cash credit. I basically had to google how to do it because the page is so not user friendly.

Seems like anything you do on that page has to be cancelled and runs out at the end of the paid time, then you have to make sure you watch for the notice that your premium is due at the end of the month. It’d seem better if you could choose what would happen at the end of your month before the end of the month to alleviate the issue.

I don’t have UGC items, but that issue sounds like a huge hurdle if you only have a short period to renew.

I’m not sure how easy it would be for them to upgrade premium in the middle of the month if you’d already paid though. Sure, it could be done, but if everyone had different values of premium payouts ‘owed’ to them it’d make it messy. Technically most of the trillions of Robux on the site in people’s accounts can be converted to cash and this would add another type of owed funds. I’m imagining it’d be a bit of an accounting nightmare for Roblox since it has to account for every penny they owe to players in Robux, as well as the value of actual money in their accounts.

They are probably thinking that anyone doing this for an income is using a credit card, but it’s not always the case, or as you and I have found, even making what should be a simple upgrade or downgrade of an account an awkward and weird experience.

6 Likes

I would honestly be open to the complete cancellation of the subscription if it means I could upgrade to 1000 right now. Very excited to start UGC but gotta wait 19 Days :pensive:

3 Likes

I was actually resigned to the idea of forfeiting my remaining premium days, I was even happy to. Roblox has completely and utterly failed to secure literally millions of Premium 1000 subscriptions yesterday, many of which would have been impulse purchases.

5 Likes