Folders for Games

As a Roblox developer, it is currently difficult (especially for group games) for users to navigate to a specific set of games the user would wish to play.

In conjunction with the rise of group overhaul suggestions, I am suggesting a “folder” or a dropdown of sorts where developers can organize games into specific tabs or folders alongside the current “all games” to help tailor their games to specific audiences.

An example would be “action games” and “simulation games” to differentiate games with different genres, or “Innovation facilities” and “Testing grounds” to differentiate group-oriented games from other games.

I hope that with this feature, the games tab of both player profiles and group games would become more organized and specific to tailored audiences.

27 Likes

That’d be amazing

That would be awesome I could have a folder for “failed projects” and “side projects”

4 Likes

I completely agree with this feature request. I’m surprised folders for the games tab don’t exist. Well, I can think of one reason for it still not existing: Moderation. If people can name their folders, there’s bound to be someone to use it in a not-so-okay way. Whilst moderation is a genuine concern, and I guess people could use bookmarks in browsers, I still want this feature.

For sake of connecting things, I’ve also found this post that covers a similar topic: Custom folders for organizing games

It seems the post linked above is in the wrong category, and, I don’t agree with it as much as this post. It would be fair to mention this post and the one linked are more than 3 years old.

Anyways, I’d love to see an official response from Roblox staff on this. Have I hit the nail on why it’s not a thing yet? Or has this feature request just been overlooked?

2 Likes

I am glad you agree and bumped this thread from 6 years ago. I desperately need folders for “failed projects” and “side projects”.

2 Likes

++

I’m not sure why this is not a thing!

This would be an amazing feature.

I hate having to archive games just to clear the clutter, even when I don’t want to actually archive anything.

1 Like