Fonts in Creator Marketplace + 81 New Fonts

You can use the fonts in Rich Text if you use the <font family> attribute (instead of face) and use the ID number of the font, like this:

here is
<font family="12187361943">Parisienne</font>
and here is
<font family="FredokaOne">Fredoka One</font>

7 Likes

You do realise you need an internet connection to use studio in the first place? Unless you are using some hacky, outdated, or heavily modded version of studio… SMH my head.

~
Anyways, this is a pretty good update that thankfully gives us some choice of variety.

1 Like

If there’s no copyright problems I suggest adding this font…

Best pixel font out there in my opinion, not extremely “pixely” but still an 8 bit/pixel font. It would be a blessing to have this added

2 Likes

I’m using the stock studio without an internet connection so I don’t know what you’re talking about. The only difference is that the character is a noob and that I can’t access tabs such as the marketplace.

1 Like

Wow, more than just a few fonts to use? Can’t wait for more! Very useful update imo, 2023 starting off with some great updates! Wish there were more pixel fonts though. Just having 2 (May be more, idk haven’t found any more yet) is quite limiting

Omlet realOmlet Game Designer:

I’m using the stock studio without an internet connection so I don’t know what you’re talking about. The only difference is that the character is a noob and that I can’t access tabs such as the marketplace.

Are… you sure you don’t have internet?
You can’t even boot into studio without an internet connection, Team create games will not work at all (No server connections). You can’t make new places, and of course any non-local assets (Images, Meshes, anything that isn’t included in the stock Roblox player) will not load.

1 Like

It’s not free to use commercially. If roblox were to add it. They would have to pay Microsoft for the license.
It’s free to use in personal projects, but nothing that earns revenue. (that means a lot of content online right now is violating this copyright)

4 Likes

But at the end of the day copyrights on fonts are null and void as they are simply bitmaps of the letters of the alphabet and as such under US copyright law are considered basically not unique enough to be granted protection. See the Wikipedia article on “Threshold of Originality” for more info.

Another quote from Wikipedia
“The copyright status of a typeface—and any font file that describes it digitally—varies between jurisdictions. In the United States, the shapes of typefaces are not eligible for copyright.”

As Roblox as a corporation is based in and registered as a United States company. Only U.S. Law should apply to the site and its content.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and is based solely on my interpretation of source material.

1 Like

I love the variety in fonts, and I can see that custom fonts won’t be able to be made due to some people abusing it. Like people switching around letters in the font and making chat use that font so nothing is tagged.

But maybe if there was moderation on fonts it could work.

I’m a font designer, any chance there will be UGC fonts in the future?

I have a question, will they increase loading time? since these fonts aren’t stored in the user’s computer, but in Roblox’s servers.

Very good update! and by some coincidence, a font i’m using for a race game has been added! :slightly_smiling_face:

The new fonts are so helpful, I used to turn to decals and making my own text but now there is a bigger variety of fonts to choose from! this is definitely a great addition.

1 Like

This is a great and useful release, anyways…
There is some way where I can get the ID of the fontface from an indexing?
Like TextLabel.FontFace.ID

Find a Bug:The first word is not thickened
The Font “Noto Sans HK”, Text"队伍",Weight:Bold
result:
The Font “Noto Sans HK”, Text"队伍",Weight:Regular

Defiantly! I’m just waiting for the moment they add blur

Awesome! I am looking forward for even more fonts! I currently crave VCR OSD Mono font as I want that for 1990s retro VHS/CRT TV aesthetics.

2 Likes

can I install all the fonts at once tho

I added some fonts and now I don’t want a few of them…
I’m not seeing a remove button anywhere

I’ll use Are You Serious as an example. Are You Serious
Inventory? no remove button
toolbox? creator marketplace? no remove button

Why am I not able to remove a font from my inventory after adding it…

3 Likes

Incredible update, have been looking forward to this and can’t state how excited I am for the Google Fonts to finally be included on Roblox. Can’t wait, would love to see an ETA on when it can happen.

1 Like

This will substantially increase the diversity of UI text within games.
Good job Roblox!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also, on marketplace, you can’t see previews of fonts. It will only show the “Image not found” photo.

1 Like