Fonts in Creator Marketplace + 81 New Fonts

Why not automatically include these fonts in Studio?

Edit: I did some thinking and I believe Roblox should allow developers to freely bulk remove/add fonts on command instead of manually adding each one.

16 Likes

This will make games so much more unique! All these new fonts will make choosing a good font so much easier. Now, maybe we can have comic sans finally?

8 Likes

Very true, it would be even harder then audio or images probs. It still would be a cool and very useful feature if they could have this added.

8 Likes

Can I have a question, is there a UGC font here?

6 Likes

Having 81 fonts in a dropdown menu by default may be a reason

9 Likes

Thousands of new fonts could maybe use up a lot of memory.

14 Likes

Roblox studio has 81 fonts in properties.

6 Likes

This is a great feature that will definitely make experiences more aesthetically-immersive. Thank you for this.

7 Likes

I know that it’s possible to sort fonts based on various factors. I’ve seen it used effectively before. The inclusion of a search bar could also fix this.

Also having the patience to download 81 individual fonts is painful.

9 Likes

FINALLY! I can now use

in my games!!!

23 Likes

Love me some new fonts! This is huge for UI designers. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

HOLYYYYYY

Finally, custom fonts! So happy about this change, it opens up sooo many possibilities for customisation!

6 Likes

AMAZING! this surely will expand the roblox UI developers and other sorts of projects! I’m glad to see that creativity and more potential and development is being added to the engine. Also, will other people be able to upload fonts to the catalog?

I know this is a little bit off topic, but since we’re on the topic of development and creativity, will there be any news on video frames?

9 Likes

This is great! Any plans to offer custom fonts on the marketplace, like outside Google Fonts?

Would be cool to see that support on Roblox, depending on the fonts that get added (although I’m happy with just Inter ngl). Would also make games like Loomian Legacy (say having private fonts) a whole lot easier to edit with in terms of UI, and it would open potential Roblox font designers (@Elttob definitely gonna wait for your font to exist on the marketplace lol).

7 Likes

incredibly based, very nice. good work guys

3 Likes

THIS IS AMAZING BRO BEST UPDATE
I can’t wait for this to have more fonts available I was waiting for so long for roblox to add custom/new fonts.

5 Likes

Quick question here, why is this using Camel Case? It’s inconsistent with the rest of the API.

Great update though, all around no complaints, besides minor things like this which are a bit annoying.

10 Likes

Is there going to be a search function and uninstall option for fonts? because there’s a lot of them and i can’t imagine scrolling through so many trying to find one

4 Likes

Good to see new fonts on roblox! Not sure why they’re all just not built-in and instead bloating the website and studio with a new tab tho. Studio is supposed to be simple and to lower the bar of entry but some changes make it difficult by making old resources out-of-date, replacing the old marketplace and docs with new unfinished ones, UI changes that go against UX rules and now this. I’ve seen a lot od people mention UGC fonts but the default ones aren’t memorable anyways and with UGC fonts people will be able to bypass the filter entirely, even real moderators wouldn’t be able to help.

6 Likes

please atleast let there be myriad fonts,…,

2 Likes