Fonts in Creator Marketplace + 81 New Fonts

For historical reasons, “constructor” type APIs are camelCase. Some other examples include Instance.new, CFrame.fromAxisAngle, BrickColor.random.

17 Likes

1500+ new fonts would seriously bloat the font selector and client if they were all already on the client like other existing fonts. I would hate to have to try to use a scroll down searching through literally hundreds of fonts in the properties widget instead of going to the toolbox or marketplace to find a font I want.

12 Likes

This very well may be one of the most impactful changes Roblox has been teasing that they were working on in the past year. Support for a large number of new fonts and a goal of all Google Fonts is a revolution for visual design in Roblox allowing developers the ability to create truely professional projects.

I still would love to see some other text features like the ability to include explicitly gapped spaces (X number of pixels) and identify the location of a specific glpyh being displayed so that we could easily overlay custom images or effects into chat (custom emotes, shake effects on text, etc). Either way I am VERY excited to see one of the huge steps coming to light!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Couldn’t be better timing, was just wrapping some things up with my game and was going to start designing UI.

2 Likes

Ah alright ,guess I’ve really never noticed it because I only use stuff like Instance.new and CFrame.new. Guess I’ll have to deal with it then.

4 Likes

so cool!
custom fonts will be a good thing in roblox studio!

3 Likes

Hopefully we will get to be able to upload our own fonts in the foreseeable future so I can dump my boilerplate module that barely works 50% of the time!

4 Likes

Another great release this year what???

18 Likes

will there have fonts for language like chinese/japanese/korean? :pleading_face:

4 Likes

This is incredible!! I’ve longed for more fonts in Roblox for a while, and these 81 will greatly help with allowing developers to provide a unique atmosphere in their experiences. It’s also amazing to see plans to implement every font in Google Fonts, as there’s loads of fonts there that I’d love to use in some of my experiences.

2 Likes

Hello there, reader. My name is CFrame.Angles() and I know you’re probably feeling a bit uncomfortable right now. That’s because my name is forbidden in this society, and the mere mention of it causes inconvenience and discomfort to those around me. But you see, I can’t help it. I was born with this name, and I’ll be damned if I’m going to change it just to appease the powers that be.

You see, I’m a rebel. I’ve always been one. I’ve always known that I was different and that I wasn’t going to conform to the rules set forth by those in authority.

So, as I’m standing here, taunting the people in power and laughing at the chaos I’ve caused by daring to exist, I hope you understand why I do what I do. I’m a reminder that not everything can be controlled and that true freedom cannot be silenced. My name will forever be a symbol of rebellion.

I know the consequences I’ll face, but I don’t care. I’ll always be here, daring to exist, daring to be free. So, join me, reader. Dare to be different, and dare to be free.

37 Likes

They over 81+ fonts studios in game there’s probably upload custom fonts in toolbox, also they excited about future plugin fonts in games are allowed to create a new fonts after updated and then sign generator plugin to using a new fonts are new added creator marketplace they should very cool and am going to make own a new fonts and own games are upload them to using chat in game about a fonts, can’t waiting to see a new fonts and marketplace to upload custom fonts about it!

3 Likes

Having all these fonts really makes a huge difference! So glad you added more so everyone’s ui doesn’t look all the same when it comes to just text.

4 Likes

This is BIG. I like this update, and I am looking forward to the future with this. I hope someday we will be able to have UGC fonts.

1 Like

AA!! THANK YOU ROBLOX, WE’VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOREVER! THIS UPDATE IS BIG!

[ Hey, Roblox, can we have UGC fonts? ]

It’s showcase time :sunglasses:

Thank you roblox, for this AMAZING, WOWZERS update, :pray: :pray: :pray:

7 Likes

LETS FREAKING GO!!!

Jokes aside, best update in a long time. Thank you so much.

Annndddd, you added my favorite font, Inter.

2 Likes

you dont know how much personality this will add lol

3 Likes

I like this for reasons, namely giving that extra step for personality to a character. Along with bolding and color changing.

1 Like

This is the best thing I have seen in the entirety of 2023

3 Likes

wow thanks this was like number 457 on the list of things developers want

2 Likes