Framework Feedback - CanaryEngine

Hello everyone,

For a few months now, I have been developing a game framework. After months of trial and error, CanaryEngine is finally here.

https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/12342010605/

I am requesting code feedback, feature feedback, and other such as feedback on how I structured it.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I recently updated the framework to V3! Please give some feedback, thank you.

I’m not sure where all of the folders / scripts are meant to live in the workspace in studio. It would be very useful to have some documentation on how to install the framework and get it up and running. The github repo seems to be lacking a lot of the critical components of the framework compared to the marketplace model version too.

I like the fact that you seem to be trying to incorporate existing packages into your framework as I feel a more standard packaging / library ecosystem needs pushing.

I mainly created this for code feedback. But I agree that I should have included docs first.

Please show some images and explain what it does.

Firstly, I cannot provide images as this is just a framework, and for your other question: A framework is a plugin that you can put in your game that will speed up the game development process, organize your game automatically, and make things more simple.