"Freaky" hats should not be allowed

But I’m pretty sure I can still say gyat in chat lol

wrd

never thought I’d dislike someone so much, people have no shame :man_facepalming:t5:

13 Likes

At least headpets was TRYING to deny that what they were doing was wrong, then you get this guy just straight up saying “Oh well, I’m making money”.

The dude either has NO sense of shame, or he is just an awful person. I’m leaning on the latter.

7 Likes

Priorities of this post (and the poster) are completely wrong. Bunch of nerds complaining about text items when there are literal boob items, boob suits, etc. which have been around for years now, and increasingly over the past few months, which I don’t see you complaining about.

Either it’s all appropriate or none of it is. In the latter case, segregate the platform by age and shut up. That should be your post.

3 Likes

Who hurt you?

“Why are you talking about this bad thing and not this bad thing?!!?!” Both can be true. The topic of the post is “freaky” items, not boob accessories. It’s already widely known that UGC has problems of “certain items” being bypassed and put on the marketplace.

I don’t go after breast accessories as much, UNLESS the accessory in question is heavy sexualized or made with the intent of being sexual. The reason for this being the fact that breasts are just part of female anatomy.

Just say you think more attention should be placed on other items and move on, the ad hominem attack was unneccessary and unneeded if you’re not going to add anything of value to the post.

11 Likes

Arguably the “freaky” items would be more inappropriate since the word “freaky” is a pretty bad word itself with the meaning behind it is well, bad. Although those items probably should be banned too

1 Like

You are completely correct. Breast accessories are generally not a concern unless they are heavily sexualized or created with the intent of being sexual. As you mentioned, breasts are simply a part of female anatomy, and accessories that are not sexualized should be considered normal and acceptable.

The reason we aren’t complaining about these items is that they are usually considered normal. The current discussion is focused on ‘Freaky Hats,’ not on breast accessories…
You do not understand do you?

That’s not how it works. Context and intent matter when determining what is appropriate. Just because some items are acceptable doesn’t mean everything is. Each item should be evaluated based on its context and intent. Lol.

7 Likes

Just for context as to who is posting this:

Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 4.19.54 PM

Oh look there’s more

Everyone knows those are wrong and shouldn’t be on the platform, but they get re-uploaded on alternate accounts.

The UGC program is meant to ID block users who create unethical content such as items with sexual connotations (to sold on a platform for minors) and stolen IP.

16 Likes

I totally agree. I’ve been seeing more inappropriate UGC on ROBLOX lately too, and it’s worrying because the platform is full of kids. It feels like the moderation isn’t keeping up with the content that’s being uploaded. ROBLOX needs to step up and make sure the environment stays safe and appropriate for its younger players. Anyone else feel the same?

2 Likes

please dont call people’s brains “slow” its not nice at all. all of this stuff should be moderated. roblox shoul’dnt have to choose.

4 Likes

The 2 items in op were deleted, was about to make a thank you post

Just went on the marketplace and there’s literally 4 more freaky hats in the first 3 rows on the front page… such a joke

Side controversy: this game has a pre-order gamepass with an in game timer that says the game will release in 1-2 days. The timer constantly resets, scamming players out of their robux

https://www.roblox.com/games/18364020935/SOON-Anime-Adventures

4 Likes

Second one made by the guy who commented on this post seems to be still up? Maybe restored on appeal? :thinking:

Edit: Has been removed again.

3 Likes

they arent, therent even choosing at all, i mean i dont understand why everyone is so shocked lol ever since the beginning of user made ugc there wasnt a chance. and roblox still makes money off of all of it. sooo they still arent gonna do nothing anyways unless u bring another lawsuit

1 Like

i think roblox need to just add 17+ accessories category lol, that would solve a whole lots of problems and everything will be safe

Roblox’s majority audience is children and I don’t think adding 17+ items would be a good idea, plus it wouldn’t fix the issue and likely there still would be owners uploading ugc that is supposedly for “All Ages”. The 17+ items probably would have to be hidden from the users avatar if a person under that age was playing.

3 Likes

Oh no! Boobs! Can’t have kids seeing those! Sure, they aren’t reproductive organs, and there isn’t actually anything nsfw about them, but scary! Can’t have people expressing their bodies… But, kids flaunting themselves as sexual deviants? That’s fine.

jeez I mean yeah they need to filter some things out fr

These accessories are strictly against the official Roblox Community Standards.

There’s no debate to be had here. These accessories shouldn’t be allowed on Roblox, the same way in which games featuring [alleged] prolific serial trafficker “P. Diddy” should also not be allowed.

I do understand the comedic value of the aforementioned “freaky” and “P. Diddy” jokes. But these are jokes that should be made to adults, by adults. Not by adults, to kids. That is simply disgusting.

Now, to Roblox’s credit, they have removed a few of the accessories in question, but it’s been nearly a month since OP made this post, and there are still a slew of accessories that reference or otherwise encourage inappropriate conduct, some of which in ways far more severe than hats that say “Freaky” on them.

3 Likes

I clearly know that, but that doesn’t change the fact that there are people who are 17+ years older who just want some “grown up accessories” you know, and “Im freaky” or something similar is a great example.

I think my idea is good if Roblox could make some specific changes such as making those items visible only for 17+ players and do more strict bans for those who are trying to upload 18+ items for younger player base such as IP or hardware ban would be good in that place, especially when we got 17+ games…

Doesnt matter if they are reproductive organs or not.
If a movie has this content it would be considered 18+, and same goes to Roblox.

Now imagine yourself as a parent and your son is playing Roblox and see’s someone with those 2 spheres who aren’t even anatomically correct (prob for good), but then you will educate ya son and then you dont give questions “What is this UGC creator who made this” but instead “Why would Roblox RELEASE BREASTS, I SHOULD SUE THEM blah blah blah” and then the problem will have Roblox and not the UGC creator.