"Freaky" hats should not be allowed

Currently you can go on the marketplace and on the front page there are at least 2 hats saying “freaky” and pointing at the character. How is this allowed?? Roblox might as well let kids go around with a hat saying “I’m vulnerable, come groom me!”. These hats should be deleted and any accessories with text like this should not be allowed

For all the boomers at Roblox Urban Dictionary: freaky

34 Likes

It’s just like those “sus” roblox games. They seem bad for us but in reality don’t seem to break any rules. I still hope these things get banned though.

13 Likes

If it were me, I wouldn’t allow UGC in the first place. I’d rather hire more 3D artists to create the accessories.

11 Likes

im afraid this request will never be accepted as long as roblox earns money from it

8 Likes

I had a sense of what the UGC were implying, but it’s disgusting to see such UGC. It’s unfortunate (understatement) that these UGC are even allowed. Regrettably, it seems that Roblox’s MONEY interests may prevent these UGC from being banned in the near future.

As @MikeartsRBLX mentioned in their post:

8 Likes

It’s just brainrot, nothing here breaks the rules.

My “I’m freaky” imessage thing has gotten over 60k+ sales in just 3 weeks making roblox approximately 22k USD (After I’ve taken my devex cut)

Also, if you take the intended meaning of the word “freak”/“freaky”. it’s nothing sexual. Just means “I’m weird”.

4 Likes

With all due respect you are disgusting. You know yourself that there are grown men on Roblox playing roleplay games looking for kids with this hat on and trying to talk to them. Freaky in this context is absolutely sexual. Dont try and play dumb. You are turning a blind eye to that because it’s making you thousands of dollars

Literally on your Twitter you are reposting videos where parents are clearly upset with their kids wearing your hats. If you want to know how to feel, you should feel ashamed

https://x.com/karolkopr/status/1813982393365356659
https://x.com/RealSchlep/status/1813934986736935051

39 Likes

the marketplace is getting TOO freaky. #removeUGC(itsucks)

5 Likes

Exactly

I will never understand how somebody can be so shameless even while standing behind their Roblox character.

Yes it’s a great source of quick cash but dude fr ?

7 Likes

It’s like those “meet a sus girl at 3 am”

4 Likes

Marketplace is an absolute shitfest right now and will continue being like this until an external corporation files a copyright claim to Roblox.
Besides the issue you’re highlighting, we got copied and re-published limiteds (when I see in the description “We own this content and it was modelled by our modeling team” I just feel like punching the uploader hard), hundreds of copyright-breaking UGC items, countless fake headless and korblox items, clearly sexualized UGC character bundles, and so on.

8 Likes

Thank you for this reply, I really wish Roblox would take action on these items given the extremely obvious context.

7 Likes

The UGC market is quite a mess right now. There are a lot of inappropriate avatar items that anybody can discover by searching specific keywords on the marketplace. For instance, alongside the freaky items, there are items that try to reflect the anatomy of the female breast and male private part. Such items are completely unacceptable. On the other hand, there is also a copyright infringement disaster as we speak. Everywhere you go there are accessories referencing fictional characters - the IP of other individuals and companies. Some groups just produce this sort of content for a living to make their bread.

Unfortunately, the ways Roblox approaches these issues are quite ineffective.

→ Feel like an item violates the Roblox rules? Use the report abuse feature and just pray the content moderator realizes what’s wrong with the item. When somebody reports these sorts of items, usually there is no positive end result. They usually end up staying in circulation. Personally speaking, in my own experience, the only time I have witnessed items being taken down is if they’re an exact copy of a famous item published by Roblox (i.e. 1:1 dominus copies/rips).

→ Feel like there is copyright infringement going on? Only the actual IP creator can file a DMCA. And as you can see, that’s not going so well right now. I mean, what is the chance a million-dollar company discovers that they are being ripped off on a game called Roblox? So, witnesses/bystanders can’t do anything at all about this issue.

⍟ Additionally, there is a flip side to this issue, another side to the coin, which is the Roblox filter. In order to reduce the likelihood of these items from being discovered, there needs to be better input sanitization. How was freaky not filtered? It came as a surprise to me given how sensitive the Roblox filter is infamously known to be.

⇛ There needs to be better rules and regulation set in place for UGC creating and the Roblox filter needs an overhaul. I cannot stress enough the number of times I have said something completely fine and saw it come out as hashtags while bad language slipped through.

9 Likes

The fact that they allowed these hats is freaky, and not in that way.

3 Likes

You know that “freaky” can have sexual implications… It’s terribly concerning seeing kids use your UGC without knowing what it means. This could make them targets to grooming.
@gillern’s link shows parents are worried too. And it seems like the profits from your items might be affecting your judgement… Maybe it’s time to rethink your life and your UGC.
It isn’t just brainrot, it’s sexual implications. 22K USD+ and have kids possibly groomed or delete it and no one is groomed.
You probably picked 22K USD.

• Ban Them
  • Keep Them

0 voters

5 Likes

Maybe I’m behind on trends but what’s sexual about “freaky”? Doesn’t it just mean super weird or scary?

2 Likes

Urban dictionary:

8 Likes

In most dictionaries, yeah, but when it’s in that font and the person is proudly titling themselves “freaky”, they mean it in a sexual way.

3 Likes

I don’t see any problem with the belly one, if you can tell me why, thanks

3 Likes

Saying that a hat that says “I’m freaky” (99% of the time it’s used as a joke) then comparing it to being the equivalent of saying “come groom me” is actually wild.

2 Likes