Free helpful softwares and tools for all developers!

I’ll suggest Shotcut. Shotcut is a free video editor program, it’s a bit difficult, but it’s fast and it has many effects to add. Shotcut link

3 Likes

I would add Photoscape X to this list, literaly you can just make professional 2D images (like gui buttons and such) in minuites!

How?

With their premade effects and filters (such as drop shadows, long shadows, etc.)

Showcase

5 Likes

UPDATE 1.2

• There were some links that were taking forever to load, so I changed them.
  • The “Helpful forum topics” grew more
  • Thx to everyone who is helping to make this topic bigger.
1 Like

Awesome! A lot of really helpful tools! Good job! :smile:

2 Likes

The video editor by BlackMagic, DaVinci Resolve has a free version if you’re willing to sacrifice hardware acceleration, 4k 60fps limit and some other banging features (https://www.toolfarm.com/tutorial/in-depth-davinci-resolve-studio-vs-the-free-version/)
DaVinci Resolve 18 | Blackmagic Design

For sound editing and DAWs, you can use Reaper’s trial version, which has no limitations, for all of eternity…if you can handle waiting 5 seconds every time you open the software. REAPER | Download

For compositing, you can use DaVinci Fusion which is included with DaVinci Resolve, instead of Adobe AfterEffects. DaVinci Resolve 18 | Blackmagic Design

3 Likes

UPDATE 1.3

• Renamed Helpful forum topics > Helpful forum lessons
    -Added more topics to the category Helpful forum lessons
  • Added a section for not open-source resources posted on the comments
  • Added a few more things in Other helpful tools for everyone
Ty for everyone helping on this topic!
2 Likes

UPDATE 1.4

• Corrected multiple grammar errors (if you find any more please dm me)
  • Added:

As always, if you have any suggestion, post it below!

I was unable to edit before due to a little change on the forum that prevented me from editing.
1 Like

For audio I also recommend the free trial of FL studio, you cant load saved projects, but you can get past that by either just not closing the app, get it done in one go, or send it to another person with the paid version, let them save it, then send it back, will work fine. Somewhat hard to get into though, and really cheap if you want to start off, starts at $99 USD, and then 200$ USD for the cool version.

2 Likes

UPDATE 1.5

• Corrected more grammar errors (contact me if you find some more)
  • Added more helpful forum topics
  • Added a disclaimer:
  • Added another SFX tool.

I created a website called RoStats which provides stats on Roblox Developers that can help you determine if they are safe and reputable. We just hit 600 sign ups!

5 Likes

@DavidNet22

Just to update you that Strofe are adding a subscription soon meaning Stofe will no-longer be free.

Edit: this has changed.

2 Likes

Could you give me your source or a picture of the announcement? I do not see anything related to that on their Discord nor on the Forum post

1 Like

More grammar errors corrected and added Poly Pizza:

Also added some specifications to FxllenCode’s recomendation: QuadSpinnerGaea on the same area, building and modelling.

1 Like

They are talking about it in their Discord right now.

1 Like

Yea, I see, but until they made it official the resource still free. Thanks for the info anyways!

I use repl.it for off-site coding (doesn’t have roblox services but if I need to test stuff off-site repl is what I would use.)

3 Likes

Studio Bridge is not maintained anymore and should be removed.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information, I will remove it right away.

1 Like

I would recommend Kenshape for modeling since you can model some basic props quite fast.

1 Like

Are there any others? Because they are all good but I’m sure there are more out there that are also useful for developers.

1 Like