I’ll suggest Shotcut. Shotcut is a free video editor program, it’s a bit difficult, but it’s fast and it has many effects to add. Shotcut link
I would add Photoscape X to this list, literaly you can just make professional 2D images (like gui buttons and such) in minuites!
With their premade effects and filters (such as drop shadows, long shadows, etc.)
- There were some links that were taking forever to load, so I changed them.
- The “Helpful forum topics” grew more
- Thx to everyone who is helping to make this topic bigger.
Awesome! A lot of really helpful tools! Good job!
The video editor by BlackMagic, DaVinci Resolve has a free version if you’re willing to sacrifice hardware acceleration, 4k 60fps limit and some other banging features (https://www.toolfarm.com/tutorial/in-depth-davinci-resolve-studio-vs-the-free-version/)
For sound editing and DAWs, you can use Reaper’s trial version, which has no limitations, for all of eternity…if you can handle waiting 5 seconds every time you open the software. https://www.reaper.fm/download.php
For compositing, you can use DaVinci Fusion which is included with DaVinci Resolve, instead of Adobe AfterEffects. https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/
- Renamed Helpful forum topics > Helpful forum lessons
-Added more topics to the category Helpful forum lessons
- Added a section for not open-source resources posted on the comments
- Added a few more things in Other helpful tools for everyone
Ty for everyone helping on this topic!
- Corrected multiple grammar errors (if you find any more please dm me)
As always, if you have any suggestion, post it below!
I was unable to edit before due to a little change on the forum that prevented me from editing.
For audio I also recommend the free trial of FL studio, you cant load saved projects, but you can get past that by either just not closing the app, get it done in one go, or send it to another person with the paid version, let them save it, then send it back, will work fine. Somewhat hard to get into though, and really cheap if you want to start off, starts at $99 USD, and then 200$ USD for the cool version.
- Corrected more grammar errors (contact me if you find some more)
- Added more helpful forum topics
- Added a disclaimer:
- Added another SFX tool.