Free Private Servers and Game Sorts Updates!

All around great update. Putting Recommended For You second allows for new games or games styled to a specific audience to flourish, while not harming other games. VIP Servers has always sounded weird, Reserved Servers is so much better. Most Engaging and Up-and-Coming being higher up allows for games that are truly enjoyable and fun to shine. Featured doesn’t work that well anymore, but Recommended For You works so much better in it’s place.

Giving people the games they want to play!

1 Like

Congrats on the update! Looking forward to seeing more features like this!

I think you guys can put more work on other things like, adding a better option for advertising. Making the advertisement campaigns longer would help out a lot instead of only doing it for only one day.

Yes, this has been mentioned a lot of times but, this is my thought on it.

1 Like

FYI, the sort still requires the game to have activities that we do on a day to day basis but instead of requiring the game to have 10 robux private servers it is now set to free, everything else is the same.

All of the criteria for the sorts can be found here: Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

10 Likes

Holy macaroni, this Top 10 sort is amazing! The game sorts feel perfect where they’re at, and its much easier find new and exciting games.

Only thing I would say is that the Featured sort could be a bit higher, at least above Learn and Explore, other than that, superb job, Roblox!

1 Like

Does the Most Engaging sort take into account the average play time across all places under a game? Because our game, and a lot of other similar games, have the starting place as a lobby and then players get teleported to other places where they’ll spend most of their time. (Also not a huge problem, but hopefully in the future, there can be a solution to not count the starting place average play time if it’s a lobby. I’m not sure if there’s a universal solution to this, but something to mention).

2 Likes

If that means that you might take our opinions on what we as developers want as a sort, maybe this thread I made previously may help:

2 Likes

im sorry if this is off topic but how could you do that to VIP servers, he was your loyal but complicated gold digging bff and you are just replacing him with someone more private, jokes aside great update

2 Likes

What we mean by this is that we are accepting game submissions for Learn & Explore (if it meets the criteria) and Rthro sorts.

Unfortunately, we’re not taking sort requests at this time.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, showcase games don’t generally do well on sorts regardless of their position. A while back, when featured was up in the higher rows of the game page. I featured I think about 3 really well-built showcase games but they never made it over 20 concurrent players.

They’re super cool showcases and I still encourage people to make them and I definitely think Roblox should promote them somehow but the majority of the community only really want to play games with some type of gameplay, so I don’t think making a sort would be the right route for this particular type of game.

4 Likes

Switching the name of VIP Servers to Private Servers is a great change and it’s good to see that feedback from the community was listened to.

The new sort order is nice too although the criteria for “Most Engaging” seems to be a mystery. I assumed it was based on visit length but the sort contains games ranging from 10 minute visit lengths to 30 minutes.

Also, I agree with TheAmazeman that the Top Rated sort needs to be fixed. Not only are games seemingly manually curated now, but games that fail to reach 5,000 concurrent players are being quietly being removed from the sort, causing it to become yet another Popular sort. Basically every showcase and paid access game that relied on Top Rated have no hopes of reaching that kind of arbitrary goal.

Overall good changes, and hopefully the issues with Top Rated are addressed eventually as they have been going on for almost two months now.

2 Likes

I love how you guys at Roblox are listening to the community

1 Like

Same bruh :frowning:
RTHRO, Featured, Learn And Explore and Play Together should be moved up MUCH higher.
recommended for you has not helped out my game at all :confused:

2 Likes

Not only that theres games without even RTHRO enabled like Bad Business in the sort, which directs attention away from our games. We can’t really complain though Roblox gave us these opportunities.

2 Likes

This is soooo good thank you Roblox :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Love this update, thing is, i would like to continue selling it, but what i never understood is why i have to pay for a vip server in my own places…

2 Likes

This update is actually great for people who don’t have Robux and who that don’t waste Robux on Private Servers! Thank you, @Roblox.

1 Like

Nice, I hope my favorite game goes free too

1 Like

I like the name change to Private Servers a lot, and although I like the new front page sort order I don’t see a reason why we need “Popular Worldwide” considering it’s just “Popular” with a different name.

Roblox just dug a grave in every sense of the word for Featured and Learn & Explore. Disappointing not gonna lie.

Featured is not really featured at this point in my opinion.

1 Like

I have to agree that featured sort is an important sort that needs to on the top like the 5th.

1 Like