Free script to fix low jump height when jumping off part edges

There’s an issue with PGS that causes jumping off part edges to drastically reduce jump height, and that can be aggravating for players in fast-paced games where jumping a fraction of a second too late can mean falling off the map after doing a pathetic jump. I got annoyed with this and decided to make a fix for it – put in StarterPlayer > StarterCharacterScripts as a LocalScript:

local humanoid = script.Parent:WaitForChild("Humanoid")
local rootPart = script.Parent:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart")

humanoid.Jumping:connect(function(isJumping)
    if isJumping then
	    rootPart.Velocity = Vector3.new(rootPart.Velocity.X,humanoid.JumpPower,rootPart.Velocity.Z)
    end
end)

This will work even if you change a humanoid’s JumpPower or use a BodyForce to simulate lower/higher gravity. I’m not sure if it’ll work with BodyVelocity since this fix works by setting velocity, but if BodyVelocity works with the default jump, I imagine it will work with this as well since all I’m doing is setting the initial velocity on jump to the humanoid’s JumpForce.

14 Likes

Nice, an easy fix to an annoying problem. Also, Jumping will get called twice per jump for the change from false -> true -> false. Idk if this would cause any problems, but I’d recommend the following just to be safe.

local humanoid = script.Parent:WaitForChild(“Humanoid”)
local rootPart = script.Parent:WaitForChild(“HumanoidRootPart”)

humanoid.Jumping:connect(function(active)
if active then
rootPart.Velocity = Vector3.new(rootPart.Velocity.X,humanoid.JumpPower,rootPart.Velocity.Z)
end
end)

2 Likes

Thanks, edited OP to reflect changes.

Awesome! I’ll add this into my game and see if my players notice :wink:

Woot! I hope all the devs will use this. :smiley:

1 Like