Free Synty Asset Packs Released in the Marketplace

Not every dev is a modeler its useful for those who are solo.

9 Likes

Well yeah, they are now, but they only just got released.

5 Likes

I’m a software developer, but even as one I feel like these sorts of things are the right direction. As roblox is turning away from parts and developers now opt to use 3D models, packs like these are a great contribution to the development process.

8 Likes

Wow, this was totally necessary for us developers! We DEFINITELY needed this.

7 Likes

If you don’t want to use it, you don’t need to use it. It’s not really about you in this case as you’re having this question but rather all the other developers who might just need some assets that they can use for their game.

• This is convenient
  • The assets are all optimised as stated in OP
  • They’re free, so many developers can easily get access to it

There’s nothing negative someone can really say about a collab like this. They’re providing us free assets and that’s a great direction to the new sort of Roblox we’re stepping into.

10 Likes

This is so nice! I am someone who is not the best at building, so this will help a lot! Thank you! :grinning: :yum:

5 Likes

I think I’ll try these out for a few projects and see if they work better.

4 Likes

No need to be sarcastic and hating just for the sake of hating – these assets are genuine resources for developers, especially newer ones. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I wasn’t hating! I was being genuine. I know it sounded sarcastic, but I wasn’t trying to be.

8 Likes

These assets are incredible!
No doubt there won’t be countless developers using these, once again; thanks Roblox :sunglasses:

5 Likes

“Why would we use this over our own models.” I don’t see where it says that you shouldn’t make your own models. I believe this is the first step to the bright future of studio toolbox, where any developer can get useful assets instead of messy ones on the top list. As a modeler myself, I wouldn’t hesitate to use this since we are finally given good assets and those assets surely fit my game idea. For example, using these seamless walls ( I assume) is a time saver. This is a great opportunity given to us, developers. Think about it.

9 Likes

I’ve seen many of these in the toolbox before. I have a feeling Synty didn’t like kids pirating their work, and this partnership is the compromise they came to.

5 Likes

That sad people do that these asset packs arent even that expensive

6 Likes

computer crashes

Huge thanks to everyone who made this possible, this is remarkably helpful to people who don’t have building as their strong suit.

I’m willing to bet 10 robux that we will see a huge upheaval of dungeon games on the platform in a few months :joy:

6 Likes

This is for people to use when they don’t have their own models, or don’t want to spend time getting them.

7 Likes

This might just be nitpicking, but since this is about optimization, then I thought I’d mention - why do some meshes, that are perfectly smooth and only use 1 color everywhere, still have a TextureId? From what I know, having no TextureID and just editing the Color property would be more performant, no?

6 Likes

Do you have tips on seamlessly lining up walls from the packs? Thanks!

5 Likes

Woah! Just took a look at the packs, and they look amazing I am going to add some of the meshes into my game!

3 Likes

There needs to be a better system of previewing models like these. For one, we should be allowed to upload multiple preview thumbnails for a model (paid, of course). This way, you can have a slideshow of images showcasing each of the props that comes in the pack individually. We also need the proper infrastructure to be able to sell models and have our models be discovered by developers. The current Models marketplace is full of low quality, broken, or virus-filled assets and does not compete with the likes of the Unity Asset Store.

10 Likes

This assets pack is huge & really cool. 100% that I will use these for some of my upcoming experiences! :+1:

2 Likes