[FREE] Theme Manager - A Roblox Script Theme Editor!

Just made it free! Though, I can see what you mean by it looking a bit cartoony. If I were to try to remove the “cartooniness” of it, I think I’d just need to remove the lighter color at the bottom of the buttons.

I can definitely see what you mean by it being cluttered. It definitely is.

I’m not too sold on this idea, but I do want to give it some space. Alternatively, If the design language was more squared, I’d probably not give the search bar any padding, and have the bottom of the search bar become a seperator itself.

The gradient at the top is meant to separate the foreground from the background, but I can see how it can look unappealing.

I wanted to keep the visual separation between the search bar and the Add button by using some contrasting colors, so I don’t believe that making them match would be a good idea. However, I think moving the Add button to the bottom, or making it so the search bar doesn’t stretch all the way behind the Add button, would be a better solution.

I tend to use text rather than icons for more clarity. I’m not a great icon designer, and I’m not tempted to steal other’s icons, so unless I design them myself, and unless they convey their purpose perfectly, I won’t add icons.

For a plugin, UI like this is difficult to make function well (at least, going by the methods I’ve gone about making stuff similar to that, it has been). In live experiences, this wouldn’t be too much of a problem.

I’m not in disagreement about this.

I can give this a shot, but yeah, this would need to be subtle.

By bottom left, do you mean in the same section as the Cancel and Confirm buttons? And yeah, it does seem like the padding is off on the RGB / HSV selection. It needs to stretch a little further to the left.

It does look a bit odd, but going without it honestly is not much better. It’s more of an indicator to show that you can interact with it. Putting text somewhere that says “you can use the color wheel” or something similar is both too clunky and fails in UX, since you’d have to explain something that wasn’t clear to the user.

No. I wanted to a clear distinction between something you can type into, and something you can read. Typeable elements have a more transparent look to them, while interactable elements are colored and have a strong contrast against the background.

Not against this.

Again, I’m not against placing in icons where I can, given that I can make them, and make sure they make sense. However, saying that they should have a background similar to the textboxes but have a corresponding color… that is literally what they are.

Fair. But I’m unsure what design would fit that better than that.

Given that that is not a title, no. It’s a question. If there was a title, It would be “Create a Theme” or something along those lines.

Why would I move the buttons close to the name? Especially since each item should be separated? Truthfully, I would add a bit more space between the selector and the next input, and add more space above the “How do you want to create your theme?” text, and reduce the space below that text.

What colors are you referring to?

Same response from me as before.

It’s free now, given how niche the use of this is. Premade themes are good if I can get a few, but I’m not a “theme designer”, or whatever you’d wanna call it. Aside from that, I’m unsure about what else I could offer, and I made it clear in the original post that I was unsure about what to include already.

All of this being said, I appreciate your feedback.

2 Likes

Honestly, I love it and I’ve been using it! Though some improvements could be:

• Spacing with “Add” GUI. Honestly, it feels so cramped and turns me away from the plugin;
  • Ability to export all of the themes for ease of use of giving it to your friends;
  • Ability to import all of the themes into the plugin;

If I were you, instead of using json, I would use Luau Modulescripts and you could do something like this for multiple themes:

return {
	--// Name would be your theme name
	Name = {
 		--// These would be all of the studio settings 
		BackgroundColor = Color3.fromRGB(0, 0, 0), 
		StudioSetting = Color3.fromRGB(0, 0, 0), 
	}, 

--// Name would be your theme name
	ThemeName = {
		--// These would be all of the studio settings 
		BackgroundColor = Color3.fromRGB(0, 0, 0), 
		StudioSetting = Color3.fromRGB(0, 0, 0), 
	}
}

I’ll be making some tweaks for the UI soon!

Not a bad idea!

Doable!

I could do this, but it may be a bit unpredictable to import back, given that a module script can be modified after creation. Not a bad idea, though. (May still do it anyway.)

Actually, for some clarification, what parts specifically feel cramped in the “Add” prompt?

Well theres alot of plugins where you can share your script editor themes.
You can check my plugin if you wanna share themes through scripts
Or you can check @tyridge77’s script editor plugin
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/script-editor-themes-plugin-browse-or-create-script-themes-or-share-them-with-others/

Even tho, great resource.

Oh for sure! I mean, I found one way to do it (JSON Encoding) but doing it through module scripts shouldn’t be too difficult either.

1 Like

Maybe extend the UI, and then add a blur in the background, so people know that you can’t really do anything without cancelling the prompt.

Blurs aren’t something I can do, sadly; the next best thing I thought about was making a darker background to bring more focus to the prompt itself. Extending it is something I’m working on! It’s made to be small so that way it could fit on any size screen, but I want to make it scalable so it can fit better on all screens.

1 Like

Heyo! I suppose I didn’t see this reply, but I ended up making it free. Adding a preview could be done!

alright, thanks for making it free, it will make theme-making so much easier.

2 Likes

Hey y’all! Made an update that includes some of the tweaks and features that were suggested! This doesn’t include all the changes I want to make; there are still more to come!

New Features

• Implemented an option to import from a ModuleScript
  • Implemented an option to export to a ModuleScript

Tweaks

• Prompts now have a darker background to bring more focus to the prompts themselves
  • Made it so the “Add” menu now extends to the height of the plugin window
  • The “Add” menu’s import mode UI has been redesigned a bit to better fit the design language
  • The “Add” button is separated from the search bar
  • The top bar is now separated more from the themes
  • Made some positional adjustments to the color picker UI
  • Made it so the “Apply” button is now on the far right, separating it from the other options

Future Changes (Subject to change)

• Ability to set favorites
  • Ability to export multiple themes at the same time, both for JSON and ModuleScript formats
  • Ability to rearrange the order of your themes
  • Preview in the “Add” and “Edit” menus (This one will take a bit)

Let me know if there’s anything else you guys would want me to add in or tweak!

1 Like

Too lazy to press 2 buttons just to do something. its fine as it is. It would also make the bar look too empty.

This is literally the opposite of User Friendly.

Though, i do agree that the colours are not the best.

Which colors are you referring to? (Crypt never responded to my response, so I can’t tweak anything if I don’t know what I need to tweak)

These

(The Export and Edit Buttons)

What would you change them to? (I intend to keep them different colors, so nothing that looks similar to the other button colors)

Honestly, im bad with colours myself. but maybe you could make the Export Button orange which would fit more (in my opinion)

1 Like

Actually, this works out nicely. I can flip them around in the next set of changes!

Nah this is great, I like to change themes quite a lot so it’s definitely useful.
Also I don’t know what’s up with the other users. 150 robux is a lot for a tool like this, but I wouldn’t mind spending 40-50 robux considering how much time it saves you. If I change colors and I don’t like the end result i’d be forced to go on every single setting and change back the color to what it was before. Good job, I didn’t even know a plugin like this was possible to create to be honest :+1:

2 Likes

Heyo, and agree, a lower price would be great, but not possible due to Roblox’s own marketplace limit (unless it’s free, which it is now).