[FREE] Tri Chaser - Mesh Triangle counter

-!-IMPORTANT-!-

- You must have the "EditableImage and EditableMesh" beta feature enabled
- File -> Beta Features -> EditableImage and EditableMesh

Download

How to use

Just select any object like a model, workspace, folder,

etc. Press ‘Scan.’ Done!

You can hover over items in the list for further details like the amount of objects, and the individual object tri count.

Disclaimers

• Does not support union triangle counting, this is a Roblox limitation.

• The more mesh duplicates you have the faster it goes.

• The total count when scanning changes because it removes items that don’t have triangles from the list, this is to make things a little hastier. This makes the scan seem to take longer than it does.

• There are still limitations to this plugin for example, Skinned meshes as described in the release of the EditableMesh beta feature can’t be read.

• Remember, tri count is not the be all end all of performance, this count may not be accurate if you are dealing with LOD or Streaming Enabled, which will change tri count at a distance

42 Likes

I never realized how essential this was until now. Surprisingly, it’s far better than I anticipated.

5 Likes

I don’t have the beta feature yet :sob:

6 Likes

You should have it, try restarting your studio

4 Likes

Ok my bad

7 Likes

it should be under Beta Features, you need to Enroll in Beta Channel

This menu can be found under File -> Beta Features, File is at the top left of studio.

4 Likes

Small error that I found that bricks the plugin, should be a simple fix. Otherwise it works wonderful and I recommend it.

Truss is not a valid member of “Enum.PartType” - Edit
17:28:01.729 Stack Begin - Studio
17:28:01.729 Script ‘TriChaser.TriChaser.TriChaser.TriChaser.story.ListPager.story’, Line 130 - function keyLoader - Studio
17:28:01.729 Script ‘TriChaser.TriChaser.TriChaser.TriChaser.story.ListPager.story’, Line 278 - Studio
17:28:01.729 Script ‘TriChaser.TriChaser.TriChaser.TriChaser.story’, Line 255 - Studio
17:28:01.729 Stack End - Studio

4 Likes

Apologies, I believe I just fixed this, should be updated.

2 Likes

Uh
What? A part should only have like 12 triangles??

2 Likes

silly, that’s the total amount in your entire map.

2 Likes

It didn’t say that anywhere.

2 Likes

You are correct, however it is counting the total number of parts. So it’s actually 553 parts not just 1 adding up to 6636 triangles. You are able to see how many parts you have with the description box when you hover over.

Edit: Same goes with the rest of the meshes, the true triangle count of a single object is shown in the description box.

2 Likes

I keep crashing out of studio when I scan something, I can’t even understand the error, it just crashes out and that’s it from the studio. - plugin is impossible to useimage

2 Likes

Hey there, I’m sorry you are experiencing this. Unfortunately the feature I am taking advantage of, is in Beta. It’s very possible this could lead to a crash, I was aware of a crashing issue before the beta was released, however it seemed to be resolved when the release happened.

I just have two questions,

Does the model you are scanning contain meshes?

If yes to the above question, does the scan proceed without the mesh?

It’s very possible Roblox is having an issue reading the mesh data. If the answer to the first question is no, then it’s on my end and I’ll address it.

4 Likes

I can’t seem to find the plugin after installing it (the beta feature is enabled)

2 Likes

big mistake on my part I was disabling it to record a video, it should be good now, sorry about that.

1 Like

Ok, I’m having this error again, I noticed that it happens on this mesh (I’ll attach the file below)
Unionn.rbxm (3,9 КБ)

2 Likes

Hey, I’m really sorry this happened to you, but it does seem like you have a mesh that crashes when it’s read with the new API, I’ll make sure to report it. In the mean time, I recreated your mesh, and ensured that it is scan-able it should look roughly the same minus a few blemishes that were in the mesh that I spotted in blender.

Choose whichever file suits you best :slight_smile:
Arch.blend (888.2 KB)
Arch.obj (96.6 KB)
NewArch.rbxm (4.1 KB)

Once again I’m really sorry this happened, hopefully this issue doesn’t continue to creep up.

1 Like

You may have single-handedly fixed our game. We spent 3 weeks non-stop over the summer making it, spent 40k+ on sponsorships, only to realize afterwards that it was lagging immensely on mobile devices. We are going to re-run ads on it now, after removing the millions of uneeded vertices. Thank you so much.

If you don’t know about lots of vertices causing lag for your mobile devices, whether or not you own this could quite literally make or break our game.

2 Likes

Hey, thank you so much for using my plugin. I’m glad to hear this plugin has helped you a lot. Hopefully this new update will help you even more when scanning your map.

• I fixed the light mode issue you were experiencing.
  • Scanning speeds should be lightning fast now (at the expense of a cancel button)
  • I also overhauled the UI a bit so you can get a bit more information without being slammed with too much info all at once.
3 Likes