[FREE] Tri Chaser - Mesh Triangle counter

This is very useful to optimize maps that may cause performance issues for players. Thank you so much!

1 Like

This looks really helpful. I have a question though, does this plugin use parallel threads for counting the tris?

1 Like

Yes indeed it does use parallel threads for counting triangles, previously it didnā€™t but in the latest update it does, thatā€™s why itā€™s faster and can no longer be cancelled.

1 Like

Hi
Could you possibly change the color of the ā€˜x amountā€™ text?

It can be seen if you scale the widget, but itā€™s a minor annoyance.

Would it be possible to have a value where you can see the individual number of triangles per mesh, not the total amount of triangles?

2 Likes

Woah, Iā€™m going to Need to look into this!

1 Like

Yeah, text should have a stroke.
Sad itā€™s not opensourced, since itā€™s so ez to fix lol.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback, Iā€™ve been meaning to do that for a while, I just updated it to have a stroke so should be good. I also fixed an issue where when there is no objects it shows as ā€œnanā€ should just complete to 100% now.

@BrAlMeSo_Mc I watch this thread roughly every day, so if you or anyone has feedback/bug reports I can help out ASAP.

Edit: Also I apologize for it not being opensource, Iā€™m using this plugin to help with funding for a game me and @PasantoThrime are working on.

3 Likes

Great plugin, and very useful! Iā€™d love for a ā€œsearchā€ feature next to the page selector, so I see how many triangles a specific mesh is, in a mesh kit for example.

Hereā€™s a few issues I noticed when using it, though

Progress bar always displays 100%

RobloxStudioBeta_y9Xlr0USan

Pressing scan while already scanning duplicates the menu

Trying to select a mesh that's parented to ServerStorage errors

Not exactly sure if thats whats causing this though.
RobloxStudioBeta_0hs2W4q9NR

1 Like

I was unable to replicate the first issue but I did notice that my previous changes didnā€™t save with the progress bar. The progress bar and percentage are linked by one variable now, so they should be exactly the same.

Fixed the scanning causing duplicates in the menu, button input when scanning will be ignored.

Last issue, was due to how I was handling the selection of SpecialMeshes and should be resolved.

A search feature does sound like a good idea :slight_smile: and I will likely add one in the near future. I really appreciate the feedback and the time you took to report these issues to me, thank you very much!

1 Like

Due to unfortunate circumstances, I can no longer have this plugin as paid. I apologize to those who had bought it beforehand and are seeing this now.

This is due to the new update to the Creator Store. Roblox has made it impossible to provide paid plugins with groups, and I donā€™t want to lose my current user base, so my only option is to make it free.

I hope everyone continues to enjoy what Iā€™ve made and have it continue to help you guys as much as itā€™s helped me and @PasantoThrimeā€™s game project Venturight. I will still continue to update when I get the time.

2 Likes

reovultionary, youā€™re the best scripter on code-help :heart_eyes:

2 Likes