Free VIP Servers Now Available

You may want to ask that in the Play Together sort thread, or DM someone on the featuring group.

Yay free vip servers! Not a lot of games have free vip servers now. I think free vip servers for FPS games will be cool! Because you can fight with friends 1v1 for free like other games(example: CS:GO)

This is a great feature, i really like the idea of having free vip servers… It do help with having friends/streamers to play together easily, by practicing on games, do help. :+1:

Does anyone know what happens if the developer switches their VIP server from paid then free then paid again? Does it keep track of those that payed initially? Would you have to pay again?

For games that cost robux, if you have a free VIP server then can your friends join and play without paying the entry fee?

Wow! Another update that is good in Roblox! Good Job Roblox!

@unboundwanderer
Their is currently a bug with the Configure Place page that knocks VIP Servers back to being ‘Paid’.
Please be aware when configuring your places.

2 Likes

This is great! Now people don’t to have pay it, this is good man.

Thank you Roblox for the amazing new feature! This will benefit game designers and regular players tremendously. I have seen a couple of games already utilizing this new feature such as Roblox Uno and I will be sure to implement this into my game as well. The free “VIP” server option will enhance some games for friends to play/roleplay together.
Though, as it has been mentioned before, I would like to see “VIP servers” named to “private servers” so it’s not as confusing/misleading to game designers and players.

Otherwise, great addition and I would love to see more amazing features in the future!

4 Likes

People been complaining to me saying I haven’t set my VIP servers free and I have many times and keeps reseting to paid for 10 robux. :confused:

I love this update, thank you roblox. Could we have a category sort on the Games page where you can list games that have free VIP servers as well as the Play Together (10 robux VIP Servers) category so its easier for users to find games where they can play privately for free.

Now this is what we needed. :sunglasses:

This is a fantastic update. Allowing users without Robux to still enjoy a private experience with their mates. Nice one Roblox!!

Not ultimately sure how Developers would benefit from this. I think it’s an awesome idea and something that should’ve been implemented a long time ago.

Great job roblox. :clap:

This update is a really good move for the roblox community, and especially for the kids out there who can’t afford robux.

Keep up with the amazing work.

This is definitely something the ROBLOX Community would have wanted since a long time and I’m glad to see this becoming true, however some questions must be asked

1. Will the Play Together sort change to games with just free servers, stay the same or include the games with VIP Servers. How will it be affected?

2. How will this benefit the developer? They wouldn’t be receiving any robux. however they might receive more players? I’d really like to see the perspective of a developer who has decided to use this and see how it changed his games stats.

3. Will this affect ROBLOX servers performance? Essentially more servers are being used, and with most being empty it can seem as ‘kinda a waste’, even though as of now nothing bad has happened.

I’m really happy this has become a thing, especially as a developer with few robux and if developer’s seem to enjoy this, and it doesn’t affect ROBLOX servers (e.g shutting down more often), then we can dream that sooner or later half the games in the front page will have free VIP Servers!

Now time to change there name to Private Servers :wink:

Also may be off-topic, but may I suggest a feature which allows you to see which games you have VIP Servers on, to make it easier for the players to gain access of the servers and even check when they have to pay next (obviously for those paid servers :wink:).

2 Likes

Looks sick in my opinion! Many games would be amazing with friends and now the developers can do it.

2 Likes

Yes yes yes yes
That isn’t an overreaction.
Free VIP servers should’ve been here from the start. It can be incredibly useful for yourself and others. In games like showcases and alike, it could be extremely useful to make free VIP servers so you can play uninterrupted.
Only issue that I see is that you can’t earn any money from VIP servers if you enable free VIP servers. And while Premium pay outs could fill in that gap, it’s really important for developers (especially small developers) to earn money, especially in a time like this. So that is a reason that free VIP servers can be quite neglected.
But, thats the developers choice whether they want to enable or disable Free VIP servers.

… Good for some people :wink:
Remember, you can’t make money off VIP servers if they are free!

A nice feature would be ability for developers to create VIP servers for free while regular players must pay for them. Currently the only way to do this is to make VIP servers free and then get one, set them to paid again which stupidly enough cancels the VIP server I just got :frowning: .

That isn’t true above 1 (because we now earn 70% from gamepass sales without builders club instead of 10%)