Free VIP Servers Now Available

Here at Roblox we’re constantly looking for ways to make it easier for our player community to share digital experiences with their friends, especially during these difficult times.

As part of this effort, we’re giving you the option to make VIP Servers available for free in your game. By offering VIP Servers for free in your game, you can drive increased engagement by encouraging players to play with their friends. To make VIP Servers free, choose the ‘Free’ option on the Configure Place → Access page. Once enabled, every player will be able to create one VIP Server for each game. Players can then add their friends to the whitelist (up to 50 max) or allow all their Roblox friends in order to play together.

If you choose to offer free VIP Servers in your game, but then decide to charge for them in the future, any players with existing VIP Servers will need to manually renew their VIP Server subscriptions in order to continue using VIP Servers. There is no obligation to offer free VIP Servers; if you choose to charge for VIP Servers, the minimum price that you can charge per VIP Server will continue to be 10 Robux.

Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback.

390 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 15 minutes.

Now this…this is epic. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

In my opinion this is cool. If I ever make a FPS game, there will be free VIP servers so player can practice!

cough cough arsenal, phantom forces, surf cough cough

108 Likes

I love that this feature has came out. I’ve seen some developers put the VIP server price to the absolute minimum so that people can more readily play with their friends, or alternatively use ReserveServer to create a “VIP Server” that can be teleported to via a hub. I’m glad to see a direct way to do this.

I even already see people using the Free VIP server functionality! (Silent Assassin and Roblox Uno are two examples!)

19 Likes

I think that this is a nice feature. It allows developers to encourage online social activity for players and their friends. This is great during the pandemic we’re all in.

22 Likes

So we are getting opt-in free VIP servers. Cool! This will allow developers to enable free VIP servers for those who don’t have the Robux for one.

14 Likes

This is definitely for the better. Options are always nice, and now developers can offer free private servers!

I have two questions, though:

But, why are 1-9 Robux VIP servers not allowed?
Why can’t you set the price below 10 Robux?

Why the 50 maximum?

Anyways, Welcome, unboundwanderer!

This is a good change. Glad it’s been implemented. :smiley:
Now people who are poor (like me) can have VIP servers :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Wow, this is kind of awesome that Roblox is also taking the users without Robux into account.

I don’t really know if many developers will do this though. Sure, there is more player engagement, but it won’t really get them as much revenue. Even Premium Payouts won’t be that much more beneficial since Premium users get Robux anyways. I think there should be some kind of perk with this (like Premium Payout multiplier ir something IDK), otherwise it’ll just be a rarely used option.

However, with that being said, developers like those of showcase games can benefit off of this as they just want to get exposure as opposed to revenue, for the most part.

Nevertheless, love this update. Keep it up, Roblox! :roblox: :roblox_light:

Also, it’s cool to see @Kairomatic closing the threads now! I hope @coefficients isn’t replaced, though…

28 Likes

This is great! I seem many developers making their VIP servers free due to the gameplay of their place, yet it kind of loses the point of VIP servers, which is to benefit developers that implement features for VIP servers only, thankfully it’ll be up to them to decide this, I see it working pretty well!

3 Likes

Great to see this feature is already live!

Free users are starting to be considered, but this does kind of take away the point of offering incentives to purchasing VIP servers, that’ll be less of a thing now.

16 Likes

Will this affect the 10 Robux VIP sort in any way?

6 Likes

Thank you for adding this! This is going to help a lot of developers and new coming developers for years to come, thank you!

2 Likes

Amazing! Nice job roblox!!! The next thing you need to do is fix mobile VIP servers glitch.

11 Likes

It isn’t practical. You would be making basically no Robux.

14 Likes

thank you, in support for developers and a lot of players who cannot/don’t want to spend robux for a private server.

helps with game-nights too.

5 Likes

You’re allowed to sell shirts for 5 Robux, and many people do that. You’ll earn Robux.

And isn’t it better to have the option to do so?

You can already set the price at 0, and that’s not making any Robux.

2 Likes

Nobody buys shirts for 100 robux (that is the average vip server price).

It’s comparing apples to oranges.

2 Likes

Free VIP servers!?

At last, I now have an option to not spend 100 robux a month for a VIP server! :slight_smile:

Aside from not getting robux, are there any more downsides?

2 Likes

I am kind-of scared of this idea, it is really fun but I am concerned about ROBLOX’s future with profit.

4 Likes