Free VIP Servers Now Available

Comes with downsides in a few games such as the risk factor, say you are in an RPG grinding monsters. However people can attack you and start combat, VIP servers completely remove this factor which takes away from the game. What’s the point in going in a public server if you can just go in a private one where no one can bother you?

3 Likes

Very likely that they will change it. The whole point of that sort was to make VIP servers cheaper. What’s cheaper than free?

2 Likes

Yea. True. idk. I feel like RPG grinding/police games will stay paid.

2 Likes

For games with lower maximum players per server than usual, this will be a great feature for those who’d like to play with friends without the hooha.

Thanks for the great features yet again.

8 Likes

This is an extremely helpful feature, instead of putting VIP servers to the lowest price possible, now it can be free for everyone.

2 Likes

I love this. Now I can encourage (maybe) more players to join my game because of free VIP servers.

My games don’t really need VIP servers, so might as well make them free :smiley:

plz no

3 Likes

Wow! This is great! This allows us to test our games in private servers, which was something I’ve dreaded for.

1 Like

This is definitely epic, this will definitely drive player engagement and yes, be able to test games in private servers which is awesome.

1 Like

This sounds great, but will there be a way in future for place/group owners/individuals with Team Create access to create free VIP servers without changing the price for the general public? I could see such a change being very useful for testing to ensure that all features that work in studio actually work properly in-game.

3 Likes

Whenever I update the game again, it seems that it reverts from Free to Paid… I’d like it to remain Free.

4 Likes

This is a very good feature! I think this will have great effects for both Roblox and the developers on it!

This is a great feature, this allows me to play-test my games to experiment with an environment to gather data from a non-testing version of the game, allowing me to gather data from a debug server and possibly “record” data from the main game itself in a VIP server without interrupting/interfering with those who want to play the game normally. Numerous players have also required for me to add Free VIP servers to my games to play with their friends or fans exclusively, meaning they don’t need to pool in robux to host a VIP server.

3 Likes

Not only it can be free, but this is the best way to test out features that are exclusively for VIP Servers, as I didn’t like having to spend Robux just to test out VIP servers.

1 Like

This will definitely benefit premium payouts great job Roblox!

Wow! This is very cool. Now I can actually test vip server scripts on my games without paying 10 robuxs each time. Thank you!

1 Like

Awesome! This feature is expect incredible. Now, everyone can make a VIP server for free! My question is, does free VIP server expired for one month if they purchase it for free?

Plus, every Roblox game would allows free VIP server, so everyone would love this amazing update that you guys did! :+1:

1 Like

Amazing feature, some players don’t want to join a server full of random players and can’t really afford a VIP server subscription so this feature is great
for those who only want to play with friends without having random people interrupting their gameplay.
I sometimes have random people interrupt my fun/gameplay when with friends so I already love to hear that this is finally out and hope some good games will use it, some games have nice VIP server-specific stuff which is nice with friends.

Thank you so much for the great feature!
Free VIP servers is a really great idea when it comes to hosting party servers for example and a lot more stuff!

1 Like

This is awesome !! Something I’ve wanted from day one

This update will be nice for youtubers, so they can record without half the server crowding them, and they can save robux for other things! Free VIP servers would also be good for showcases, so you can experience the build better.

1 Like