Friend Request Notifications keep showing with notification setting turned off

Over the weekend there was a change where notifications show if someone sends me a friend request. I went to the settings to turn this new feature off under Settings > Notifications > Friend Request Received > None, but I still receive notifications for friend requests.

Browser: Google Chrome

Expected behavior

I expect to stop receiving friend request notifications when I click “None” on my “Friend Request Received” notification setting.

6 Likes

I believe this setting specifically refers to ‘push notifications’. (IE: mobile notifications) Although feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. At least in my case, flipping this setting to ‘all’ has allowed me to receive mobile push notifications for friend requests.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying! I was not aware of the difference. It looks like this is not a bug, but a new feature that does not allow the user to turn off.

1 Like

Hi there! Yes, I’d like to confirm that this correct – the Notifications Preferences page manages your mobile Push notifications only. We will also be releasing a new version of the Notifications Preferences page in a few weeks that clarifies this further. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying! Will we be able to turn off app notifications for friend requests in the future?

I hope that we will be able to turn off the notifications in-app for this. It is annoying to get so many notifications on the website for each friend request I get. I get so many every day and it’s annoying if I can’t turn it off.

I’d like to be able to see game invites and game updates instead of a ton of friend requests clogging up my feed.

1 Like

Are you also shipping a way in the future for us to toggle off notifications regardless of whether it’s in-app or push?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.