Full Release of Dynamic Heads

I think this might be one of the last steps to making rthro viable as an avatar option. Previously rthro faces were either creepy looking 2D ones that were interchangeable or stiff 3D ones. Now we don’t have to pick, we get the detail of a 3D face but with the versatility of a 2D one! All that’s left is for UGC creators to make their own avatars and run wild with their imagination!

9 Likes

Ohhhhhh, I have been waiting for this!!! Going to get started with it!!!

2 Likes

click V on your keyboard. Worked for me

3 Likes

This is awesome! Just as a clarification, this allows for expressions on faces with bones, but during RDC we were shown David Baszucki’s dynamic head being animated from Camera tracking his real-life facial expressions, when can we expect a launch of this?

2 Likes

:hot_face:
Metaverse becoming realistic everyday.

It’s pretty cool, but I have no use of it, but this would definitely be very funny for meme creating

8 Likes

Hey @intergravitation, thank you for the question! The bones in the head MeshPart should be hidden as part of our update last month. Are you using the most recent assets in the documentation links referenced in this DevForum post?

5 Likes

The update is pretty amazing!
for some reason I don’t use it, is because doesn’t support R6 and for me I mostly use the anime type accessory for example: Calm Anime Head (Red Eyes) - Roblox is covering the default Roblox head, I actually like the anime head. :slightly_smiling_face:
But is was so cool for seen this platform or metaverse growing :smile:

8 Likes

Jesus that head is terrifying, worse than rthro. Yeah this update is going to be great

4 Likes

Agreed, the update’s gonna be awesome!

7 Likes

Very excited to try this out in my 2 main games. I can already see where I can use this.

3 Likes

Thank you!! Not only can I now make realistic facial animations, I can also creep myself out and therefore increase productivity by forcing myself to work all night!

8 Likes

This will be useful for RP games, story games, and so on to show character expression in games. Well done.

5 Likes

Roblox doing something good. :hidere:

5 Likes

I guess still not be compatible with R6 :pensive:, maybe later this year can compatible with R6, just because Dynamic Heads asset only have 1 mesh part like most other head or maybe I’m wrong.

Game: Catalog Avatar Creator - Roblox

8 Likes

Seriously it look good. this is a good update!

5 Likes

Just did it, now its fixed. Thanks!

2 Likes

Awesome update! also how I make it work in-game with this update?

1 Like

It seems really cool, can’t wait to test it out

Are there any plans for compatibility with R6 rigs?

3 Likes

Honestly they look uncanny and just weird. I don’t think I’ll ever use this in any of my games. I’ll just stick with swapping out the decals on the face instead.