Full Release of Dynamic Heads

Dynamic Heads are not compatible with R6

We’ll see about that–

On an unrelated note, is there any info on whether or not these will eventually be able to have their poses manually set? It’s going to be the death of me not being able to procedurally animate these, as well as locking the movement behind Animations means I can’t animate them within ViewportFrames either.

10 Likes

Spent an hour coding a fancy system to take the live face recorder animations from studio, and send them to a game so I could have my face animated live.

“The current identity (2) cannot JawDrop (lacking permission 1)”

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3 Likes

Tried this in-game, oohhhh my god, it’s freaking terrible. I’m sorry, but this is extremely, extremely uncanny and I really really hope this doesn’t become some sort of mandatory/forced feature in the future, especially given some things I don’t think I’ll mention.

This really was a waste of resources, I’m sorry. I just don’t see the appeal or why it was necessary.

Great update!

Above: My honest reaction

I do wonder why the 3 new heads do not include the default head however. And why is the man head named “Dylan”? Or how about why the New Heads tab in the Avatar Editor is titled “Style”? I have so many questions.

And yes, Dynamic Heads do show up on R6 (but they have no animation, they’re always expressionless)

3 Likes

kinda cool i guess. would probably use the Dylan Default if it didn’t have a chin

also wth is this

I tried using a command in-game to make the eyes close, but I got the exact same message. What’s Roblox’s reasoning for this nonsense? I think I should be allowed to manually update individual FaceControls properties through scripting so I can give characters procedural blinking instead of Roblox’s more predictable animation-loop based blinking.

Also, I use Moon Animator, which doesn’t support FaceControls (unlike Roblox’s animation editor) so adding facial animations the way Roblox would like me to is just extra work, which will be thrown in the trash any time I edit the animation in Moon Animator then re-export it.

Now, sure, I could just save the face animation as a separate animation, but that would basically take up two “loaded animation slots” per animation, reducing the number of unique animations down from 256 to 128.

This is frustrating, knowing the developers will probably never change this, greatly limiting what developers could do if they could control the face. I certainly hope this isn’t some attempt to stop exploiters from messing up facial expressions, as only they could even see the changes they’d made.

1 Like

Why is the Dynamic Heads not compatible with my game?

it actually looks pretty funny

1 Like

I have access to the Dynamic Heads! I’m awaiting for official accessories to come out so that I can replace my fancy shades, but for now I’m constantly using Dynamic Heads in my games. Some work is needed, but they’re already very cool.

Great work, Roblox!

1 Like

This has some potential, but currently it’s horrible. It feels like it’s really unfinished and there’s only like 3 heads on the avatar page right now. You guys should’ve waited a little longer so that heads could also be released for the blocky (1.0) avatar since currently none of the heads fit on it, and the only one that kind of can is the unreleased one with the test one which is hovering over the torso for some reason.

1 Like

This is super cool! I love all the new possibilities that will come with facial animations! I do have one question though @darkmodeonn. Are there any plans to release an animated blockhead? I know Roblox probably doesn’t want to spend time on making a blockhead because they are moving towards more realistic avatars, but I would really love to be able to use an animated head, and using any of the other ones would not make any sense with my username. I would even be happy if they just uploaded the Cubie head from the Creating Basic Dynamic Heads tutorial to the avatar shop.

2 Likes

I guess this is a cancelled update since there are no more heads being
Added in the catalog… Could you guys at least make it so that users
Could make their own Dynamic Heads and upload it to the catalog?

2 Likes

Is there any word if the security context required to edit face controls will change?
Would allow for many more practical uses of dynamic heads.

Honestly, and I’m not sure to what security required to control those faces, and probably i was thinking about for some next step.

Please let us edit the values with code, this is basically useless at the moment

Cool update! You guys say this is "Full Release, but we still can’t use dynamic heads in-games

It is entirely up to the developer to enable dynamic heads, you can enable it via StarterPlayer > EnableDynamicHeads.

Any word on when there will be a new batch of Dynamic Heads released to the Marketplace?

2 Likes

Is there any way that I can dynamically change players heads? I want players to be able to choose their faces for their custom characters. I’d prefer to keep the base round shape as the different head shapes can clip through some of my custom hats such as helmets. Also it seems that the eyes on each head are at different heights, causing glasses to be above or below where they should be. I might just force everyone to use the same face if we can’t.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.