Future Is Bright: Phase 2.5 Released

Every time they ship a new “Future is Bright” Phase, Roblox starts looking better and better!

2 Likes

Is it intentional that EnviromentDiffuseScale makes pitch black areas not pitch black anymore? Even with Time, Ambient, OutdoorAmbient, and Brightness set to 0, pitch black rooms have some sort of light to it, getting brighter as EnviromentDiffuseScale is set closer to 1.

4 Likes

I’m curious about this too, imagine having normal and roughness maps in roblox. Maybe in the future even bump maps.

Wow!! It looks so great…and with PBR…Roblox is not Roblox anymore :rofl: …Also is there a roadmap or anything for the upcoming features?

2 Likes

This looks amazing! :slight_smile: I can’t wait to use this in my new ROBLOX Game it will make it look so much better!

The reflection of the environment remind me of nvidia ray-tracing, which bring me to the question, will ray-tracing ever bee introduced to Roblox? If so, when?

1 Like

did i do something wrong? it looks so bad… everything looks like glass for the first checkbox, the other made everything faded…

do i have to use a dimly lit map for it to work correctly or something? i tried so many lighting setting combos and still looks like this.

7 Likes

i was just talking about a update like that last week, would be super cool.

1 Like

i feel your pain, i have the same problem, using the stock sky box

1 Like

Wow! The lightning will be so epic and cool! Thanks Roblox! :smiley::+1:

2 Likes

i dont get the same results shown really either… everything is tinted blue and all colors get faded, everything kinda looks like glass, including pebbles, concrete, wood… i think the only one that looks ok is carpet.

10 Likes

it is supposed to look like that. you’re supposed to use different skyboxes and use shadowmap

2 Likes

This opens many possibilities and is already giving me tons of ideas for puzzle based games amazing Roblox continue the great work!

2 Likes

Indeed it is mate. I expect roblox to get more attention from people and the media.

2 Likes

For some reason, parts at night seem to generate… light? Like their shadows are basically light. It has lit up my entire forest, and is incredibly obvious when looking under my highway (no, the lights on it are not causing this).
Brightness 0, Ambient/OutdoorAmbient 0, EnvironmentDiffuse/SpecularScale 1, ShadowMap

Just for kicks, I turned on the Compatibility lighting mode and… geez… this is really really bad…

Turning CastShadow off appears to fix the issue so it seems to be related to shadows, but this is for obvious reasons not a feasible option. It’s a little harder to notice in the second and third images but it’s definitely there.

7 Likes

Ok I’m just going to let it out the lighting on the car body is A M A Z I N G

2 Likes

OH I AM VERY GLAD TO HEAR THAT! This is the roblox that i wanted… and I am very glad to be the roblox developer… Roblox is the best step for the developers! :smile::grinning:

2 Likes

EnvironmentDiffuse/SpecularScale means how much sky light contributes. The sky will be a light source so night won’t be completely dark.

2 Likes

I know I’m late to the train but man this is so GOOD LOOKING! Excited for Custom Materials!

6 Likes

Yes, I get that, but it seems irrelevant to my point. Why are parts creating “light shadows” at night though? That can’t be intended behavior.