Future Is Bright: Phase 2.5 Released

I really like this update. You can see so much details on metal than before (which was hard to see the difference between metal and smooth plastic) I can’t wait for fib 2.75.

I think your graphics settings are low.

It makes smooth plastic shiny, you’ll have to turn it into regular plastic

1 Like

Oh yes roblox! :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

21 Likes

Lovely updates but sadly people on older devices cannot see any of these changes. Makes it difficult to develop for a game when I cant even tell whats doing what.

2 Likes

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 8.17.35 PM

3 Likes

may i suggest a custom material system where you can add your custom materials to the materials tab, also smooth metal i think would be a nice addition.

19 Likes

Press Alt + S and change the graphics level

3 Likes

Now this is fantastic! A new phase for the Future is Bright is going to be really useful to everyone! I can’t wait to use this. :+1:

You have done a really amazing job. Thank you for the update! :happy3:

2 Likes

wow! I’m definitely gonna use it it looks pretty cool.

2 Likes

In studio > settings > rendering
You can adjust the quality setting in studio. They’re saying to auto default, so you don’t always see the actual rendering.

2 Likes

Wow! That looks so good! :smile:

2 Likes

What settings are you using? I cant seem to get my work to look good.

1 Like

You have to put EnvironmentDiffuseScale and EnvironmentSpecularScale to 1. Then, you can change the skybox and lighting settings to get your desired effect.

6 Likes

What rendering API are you using? We’re still working on adding specular to OpenGL and GLES 3. Coming soon.

2 Likes

With that, also accounting for a ColorCorrection with contrast at 0.1, and saturation at 0.2
Lighting properties with brightness at 4, ClockTime at 17,1, and Ambient at 102,102,102

3 Likes

This is absolutely stunning. Over almost nine years, it’s astonishing to see the evolution of Roblox from what it was before compared to now.

Is there a particular game that one can play where this lighting is enabled as of now?

This is such a great feature and has allowed me to make very realistic roller coasters!

Images taken from Ride Simulator.

20 Likes

Wonder how developers are going to utilise Future Is bright to enhance their game. Will be interesting to see! :slight_smile:

2 Likes