Future is Bright Phase 3 Released

You say that, except Minecraft is a bunch of pixels and blocks. It has barely ANY complex objects. While ROBLOX can have all types of objects and buildings, and so many options for shape.

Also, ROBLOX has very realistic day and night times so, they certainly have to work a bit (a lot) harder than Minecraft.

5 Likes

have you ever walked past street lights at night? same effect, not a bug.

3 Likes

Maybe, though I don’t know if that would change too much. I could be wrong tho, since I don’t specialize in that stuff.

Yeah no. Minecraft shaders have WAY better days and nights lol. Roblox day and nights look pretty bad. Don’t give Roblox unnecessary credit.

In general though, my post was about Roblox needing to have higher standards for their graphical updates.

3 Likes

Legit everything in a Minecraft shader is better than Roblox, the clouds, the stars, the day/night cycle, the water, etc. which is just weird because the shaders aren’t even made by any big company and they already did way better than roblox.

4 Likes

Finally! I’ve been looking for more people who know how badly fib3 performs.

The length of the bruh is so long that it’d take more time than I have in my life to finish it.

They have colored shadows as well.

3 Likes

That is ray tracing, which is very much not coming to Roblox for years, especially since hardware that supports it is rare, because of Bitcoin miners and scalpers.

4 Likes

This sounds stupid but I think they should re-make the whole lighting system. I mean, you literally have to download addtional shaders from foreign websites, and get tons of ads just for the sake of reflections, better blur, better sunrays, and all that. It’ll be really cool seeing roblox having their own set’s of lighting you can apply on your game ranking by how powerful it is, or just toggle lighting effects manually, that’d be pretty cool.

If it really is gonna take years for RTX to come (like @IdontPlayz343 mentioned) built into roblox, and toggable? That’d be stupid considering the fact they should just redo the lighting system or some aspects of it lmao.

Though it’d be time taking for redoing the whole system, I’d rather have a newer lighting system rather than a one hard & complex to work with, especially that the fact it’s so old you can’t even add certain things. One little thing can be hard because of the outdaded lighting. And I’m assuming it’s outdated because I watched a video of how the roblox website is outdated, and difficult to work with.

4 Likes

I agree with this a lot, the roblox lighting system is laggy, but also glitchy, barely any advanced customization, and is just horrible in general

4 Likes

So from what im hearing you’re assuming fib3 is outdated because the website is? Thats not how it works. From what ive heard the website is very outdated and hard for to work with for roblox to add new features for it because theres very old code from like 2008 and adding stuff can mess up the website due to it. But the website does not slow work on a project for the engine. And is Roblox’s shadowmapped lighting now outdated? Ba/ssicly most game engines such as Unreal engine 5, unity, and others. Have it.

No, whats the point on redoing like 5 years of work when you can still improve it. It’s a waste of time and money. Usually any new big feature on roblox is usually laggy at first. After time it gets improved and ends up becoming pretty performant. From what I’ve heard Roblox’s smooth terrain at release couldn’t really support big maps. Nowadays they can. Obviously not too big like 32k studs but it still is pretty good.

Ya know it probably would take a decade or two. By then I predict lower end pcs will be able to handle raytracing. And its not stupid it makes sense. You need very high end hardware to be able run it. Roblox has stupid low end hardware for most of its player base. It’s a waste of time and money to support it.

Like what and how?

1 Like

I agree with you - just because performance isn’t ideal now doesn’t mean it can’t get better in the future and it certainly does not warrant an entire redo of the entire lighting system. I’m pretty sure the rendering team has other projects that are more worthwhile and far less time-consuming than redoing an entire lighting system.

Also please don’t assume stuff like this. Just because the website’s code is outdated does NOT mean the engine’s code is outdated either. They are separate from each other.

1 Like

It won’t be five years, maybe they could remove certain things and redo them. Plus they can’t do certain stuff, like SSR.

True, but for now they can have it toggleable for higher-end devices.

It could be outdated, it could not be outdated. I’m saying what should happen or could happen if it is outdated.

Raytracing, SSR. As you said, it’ll take years for that to come.

8 months new? Well, not even 8 months new. Check this out.
This video was from like 3 years ago lol.

2 Likes

Let me mention this is worse case scenario, like what they could do if roblox studio is outdated. And that it’s just a idea that could be a possible solution.

I’ve been spending way to much of my time trying to create volumetric lighting. At the end, I just ended up using particles with very high light influence. But even that doesn’t work that well. I need render like heaps of particles just to get a mild effect of voluemtric lighting.
If particles could respect shadows and behave like the ones in the video, that would be awesome!

2 Likes

They can do ssr but its more costly then cubemap reflections which is why the decided not to use ssr.

True but they then they have to spend resources supporting raytracing when barley anyone would use it since most cant.

SSR wont take years to come they already do that on their water. It just depends if roblox is willing to give us an option between ssr or cubemaps. But raytracing would take a long time since it tanks performance a lot more then ssr does and lower end systems cant run it smoothly.

And that video was when it was in a separate studio build. Im talking about at release. Yes it has been a while but im sure they’re working on a lot of performance improvements. A lot of these stuff can a long take time.

Well im pretty positive roblox tries to mantain their shaders code since I’m sure they do rewrite some of them from time to time for performance improvments or other stuff. But the website could be such a mess that it could shutdown the entire website if they’re not careful on adding stuff. Which might be why they took a while to add 2fa.

1 Like

True, but it could be toggable for now, like I said.

Barely :sunglasses:

I’m joking, but yeah I agree. They have to support raytracing, and not alot of people can use it. But there’s people that have high end devices, and/or might use it for a screenshot or showcase.

Yeah I’ll admit, I’m wrong. That could be a really good alternative option, I don’t see it being laggy either.

True, but it’s been there for a very long time, and yeah, they could they’re working towards performance improvements. I really hope that’s what they’re doing.

Yeah, I agree too. They could and should be updating it time to time, rewriting it sometimes.

That’s true, but there’s a solution to this. I know studio doesn’t work like roblox’s website, as proven, but they could create an alternate website, to test they’re things out? I think it exists already, just testing out different things though.

The reason I mention this is because I’m working on a game, and it doesn’t have all the features I want. So instead of adding on, and re-doing aspects, I just create a temporary game, and restart all my process, add the features that’s needed. Instead of adding on and re-doing details, then shutting down every minute.

I’m sure they do, but when implementing these updates it could lead to a vairety of bugs when they’re still programing it which could possibly be very difficult and take a lot of time in the first place.

1 Like

Since roblox has been implementing features into lighting, such as atomsphere, clouds, etc. Do you think we might get volumetric lighting or fog soon?

Such as the one seen in Future is Bright v15

3 Likes

Possibly, but I think they should optimize FIB3 first.

If they don’t optimize their lighting system, no AAA games will ever be made on Roblox because it’ll forever look at least slightly like a kids game.

6 Likes

Well not that but why should they bother with all the limitations they have to go through. But anyways thats off topic.

2 Likes

I completely disagree. With time it will be possible. In fact, it’s somewhat possible to create AAA games. Performance is the only issue atm which will be a smaller problem in the future.

4 Likes