Future is Bright Phase 3 Released

The separate studio era FiB doesn’t take into account Phase 2.5, which didn’t exist and was not planned for when Future Is Bright was in early production. As a result, materials in these builds look different (better than they do now IMHO), because they are rendered differently, using a different specular BRDF.

1 Like

Okay, maybe I worded it wrong and sorry for that but you get what I mean. Yes they are rendered differently but they it still uses specular. You get what I’m trying to say. They both include similar features and uses the same exact tech. Probably the only thing different now is that materials look better cause they don’t make some things too metallic or wet, no auto exposure which will ship separately, and that there is no skylight but was planned later on. Besides now not being able to have variable shadow softness per light and auto exposure which is being shipped separately, there basically isn’t anything that they’re missing from the older builds besides harder sun shadows which I hope comes.

I have a question: How do we take away the shiny look on the materials? Especially the glass! It’s really messing with my quality of my builds.

Screenshots

1 Like

I think the builds look fine but I don’t think you can disable any reflections. (Look in lighting for some surface stuff)

2 Likes

I tried to look in lighting and I couldn’t find anything. :frowning:

1 Like

gotta make your own material sadly, but it wont have any glass rendering properties.

1 Like

Really cool update, but I’ve noticed a few lighting glitches with the terrain.

First, there is some odd triangle-ing with the shadows:

Second, there are also some odd shadows where they are not supposed to be.

(This is a point light on the glowstick BTW)

The FiB is great on parts, but not so great on the terrain.

2 Likes

I like Future is Bright 3, as it brings to my builds a sense of realism not before had. I feel something that should be checked out, and fixed, if possible, is how the lights seem to glitch (i.e. disappear) depending on what direction your looking in or if there seems to be a lot of them in an area. Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

I seem to be having trouble on mobile devices from visual glitch’s. On desktop it seems to not load shadows fast enough either even tho it’s 60fps. I only have video of it on my mobile device wich is getting flickering on the ground.

Where can I take this issue because I can’t post in bug reports and here seems appropriate for me.

On mobile it does it on anything with future lighting.

Where would I post this at for it to get fixed?

2 Likes

I have a game that has around 20 lights, (very low) my fps is 220, and it rapidly dropped to 10 frames per second, the game only has 5k parts, and its not that big of a deal, I suggest putting this back to beta mode or postponing the release until it doesn’t affect your framerate, (It dropped over 200 fps for me, that’s a lot).

My pc: Gamer Infinity 8800 Pro SE

I raised my fps all the way to 350 and it was at 28 frames, this needs to be fixed. Immediately.

3 Likes

I cannot supply the game to you as of the game itself is very classified and a project of a company.

@vrtblox Future lightning makes my game go really slower, do you have planned to make optimizations and improvements about this?

I really like this update, it makes lighting so much better, but…

It is really buggy. The biggest issue I have is the shadows are extremely sharp, with no option to soften them. It results in weird visual glitches like this:

I’m really hoping this will be fixed soon because these shadows look awful. Changing the ShadowSoftness property of Lighting doesn’t even affect the shadows. It wasn’t like this during the beta, the shadows looked much better and more realistic.

I’ll try to provide more information if requested, but this is all I got for now.

2 Likes

I am absolutely in love with the new lighting!
It just looks so much better, and seeing the difference between the old Compatibility lighting to the new Future Is Bright 3 lighting really shows how far Roblox has come over the last 2- 3 years

Here is some comparison between the two lighting modes:

Compatibility Lighting:

The new FBI 3 Lighting:

Looks absolutely incredible :star_struck:

By the way, I have a question: Can we get volumetric lighting in the future too?
Just imagine how good that would look!

14 Likes

Here will be no more phase 4, the future lighting bugs will be later fixed and completely realistic.
That version would be possibly called Phase 4 V2

Ohhhh you made me sad :cry:
My PC is a Mac so made by Apple and it doesn’t show any good future lighting.
Maybe it’s just my PC or will Roblox fix that later…
Also, my PC doesn’t show sunrays.

I’ve been having a really fun time playing with this new Lighting technology! But I did find a little bug while walking my avatar around.

Wearing any thin accessories any or being in any harsh lighting conditions can lead to pixelated shadows being reflected onto the torso or avatar in general.

Keep in mind, the shadow softness was not tampered to trigger this strange bug. Hopefully this gets sorted out in a later phase!

If you’re interested in investigating the matter: Home - Roblox

1 Like

I’ve found a potential bug too (or maybe I’m just doing something wrong haha.) When a character walks through a part with Surface Lights, it gives the player a black line for the height of the part. I made a topic about it in help & support, it has a video attached to it showing the issue ( link to post ). When I change the lighting style to ShadowMap, it disappears.

Doe’s Future is Bright Phase 3 make my game lagging?

Pretty Nice But Its Wont Have Good Fps In Mobiles Maybe.