Future Is Bright: Phase 3 - Studio Beta

Why is there no light reflection on the grass though

makes it look really odd

31 Likes

I’ve noticed one problem, and this may be me. But it doesn’t work in game. I have no clue as to why. But it goes back to Voxel lighting when I update my game and play it.

1 Like

This is sick! it really makes lots of different maps look awesome.

7 Likes

If you publish a place with Future as the lighting technology, what will be used in game until it is publicly released? It can’t be Future because it’s a Studio beta, would it use ShadowMap?

Edit: Beautiful. This is just amazing. The light on the walls and roof

(Didn’t just release a preview of an upcoming game)

17 Likes

I like this feature it looks good and will make games more realistic. :slightly_smiling_face:

But it can make original lighting Too bright I found a way to fix this, you have to redo and change the lighting you have put down which takes a long time. There may be an easier way to fix this that I don’t know of, or will be added soon.

5 Likes

It’s a beta, basically not released to the public just yet. Just wait till santa arrives, there’ll be your gift.

3 Likes

ok so i’ve decided to test it with a free model for a while now and i think that this will legitimately make any game beautiful, im not a professional at lighting but look at THIS, this looks excellent! :wink:

31 Likes

Was it ever confirmed that light shafts would be added?

2 Likes

Holy heck this looks amazing. The future really is bright.
This is starting to not look like Roblox at all. Players from 2007 - 2008 will not recognise this game as to where it stands today.
This project is outstanding and is rapidly changing Roblox and what people can do.
Incredible work! I have no complaints!

5 Likes

for generations we will still be called lego game developers.

14 Likes

I almost went crazy when I saw that because I always wanted that. Very awesome shader.

3 Likes

Yeah, bet this will surpass SunRays when that Volumetric Lighting was released like that soon.

3 Likes

This is truly amazing to show better lighting than a voxel lighting, despite some bugs…

If we get a global illumination based on any object color bouncing each other than just pointlight like this, we really love to see it.

Hopefully, Roblox needs to make this bad boy with some ray tracing to make it beautiful and making it optional, but it requires better computer and complexity. So yeah.

32 Likes

It is so impressive how we can make the most simple parts realistic

To make light affect and draw shadows on parts you need to set Light’s shadow enabled and set night time and set max graphics level (or 16).

10 Likes

SurfaceLights don’t light up corners!

7 Likes

This is literally the best update in my opinion, I’m gonna use this in my games a lot! :+1:

2 Likes

The new lighting looks a lot better than the shadow map! Looks a lot realistic!

2 Likes

Slightly buggy, but real nice where it works. =)

5 Likes

Amazing new lighting, put together a little cave scene with some glow-worms.

49 Likes

Using freecam and fussing with the FOV, then panning around causes what I presume to be shadow-casting cells to sort of “unload.” I’m guessing this is a means to optimize for performance, but it is a bit jarring.

Potential bugaboos aside, it truly is a sight to behold in motion. Just about any screenshot I’ve taken of my game’s magic in-action using Voxel is absolutely smashed in comparison. Major props to the engineers out there for bringing Future Is Bright to the light of day!

15 Likes