Future Is Bright: Phase 3 - Studio Beta

I think I may have found a bug.

In this picture, I used the ‘Western’ template and turned off all shadows for the parts around the lights in the lanterns. Going into the bank, I discover a lantern underneath me (I’m on the top floor) is showing specular highlights though a roof. I’m pretty sure this is a bug. There is also some noticeable light leaking if you pay attention near the specular highlight.

1 Like

Not a bug. It’s working as intended

Since you turned the shadows off for the lanterns then the light shines through other parts
turning shadows back on will prevent it

1 Like

oh shoot i said it wrong i meant the parts around the lights

1 Like

Have you considered making it so that there is just one opaque part and the many smaller parts are fully transparent?

2 Likes

I just remembered something. What happened to the HDR rendering (aka better neon) from the original video, ROBLOX: Future Is Bright?

I took a picture here with brightness scaled to 10, and I don’t know if this is with the HDR rendering, or the same shadowmap-voxel neon.

3 Likes

Still not a bug, it’s working as intended

If you disable CastShadow for a part then it won’t cast a shadow from the sun or from local lights (I mean you would probably expect to lol)

1 Like

HDR rendering shipped with Phase 1.

1 Like

Well, yeah. BUT! The floor had CastShadow on, so it has to cast a shadow, right?
oh and also the lantern is casting shadows

1 Like

Changing light using a script makes the light extremely bright.
This only happens when using FiB, and it is very annoying.

Before changed with script:

After changed with script:

This only happens in Studio, as FiB only works in Studio, in-game it is completely fine as it is not using FiB.

This is while using a SurfaceLight.

2 Likes

You sure you didn’t change the value extremely high in the script? I’ve changed the lights with a script before and I never got these results.

1 Like

Maybe tone the script down a little bit… And also maybe the ambient.

1 Like

Using FIB 3 on my Speed Run game.
It was originally going to use compatibility lighting.

1 Like

How do you get the floor reflections?

1 Like

It looks so cool! But sadly, But you can’t publish with it.

I hope anytime soon more stuff will be added such as Volumetric Lighting.

1 Like

Lighting Reflections isn’t Perfect. It’s just that they don’t reflect geometry.

If reflections existed for geometry, This bug wouldn’t exist.

1 Like

They aren’t finished.

PBR textures isnt released yet but sometime soon will.

Well if i turn on the Future mode in Studio it also shows me the Future Graphic in Studio… But if i go into the Roblox Player so the Normal Roblox the Future Graphic wont work anymore.

1 Like

Yep, the announcement is for a Studio beta release.

I’d expect another announcement once there’s a full platform release.

5 Likes

It’s rather simple (some have pointed it out already). Basically, you clone the entire scene, rotate it, mirror it, remove a bunch of objects that can’t be seen on the reflection (or wont be noticeable), and you have it done.

It’s important to remove as many objects of the reflection as possible, since you’re pretty much doubling the memory usage of the scene, and most importantly the polygon count.

1 Like

Here is a little showcase I have been working on very slowly. I’m definitely looking forward to releasing this thing to the public when this new lighting system is fully released. The future is truly bright!

28 Likes